Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. Psycho Killer “I can’t seem to face up to the facts, I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax. I can’t sleep cuz my bed’s on fire. Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire…”
What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently? The French twins. They kept waking me up. They claim that I snore. I really let them have it. I said, “Sez you!”
2. Life During Wartime “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco…this ain’t no foolin around. No time for dancing or lovey dovey. I ain’t got time for that now…”
3. Take Me To The River “Take me to the river. Dip me in the ocean. Take me to the river washing me down…” When was the last time you took a dip in the water?
Last summer Kathy and I spent a week at my son Ben’s home. He and wife Maria have a great pool. That was the day I found out that Kathy can’t swim. She grew up on the Connecticut shore. See, you never know.
4. Found A Job “Their show gets high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might be a spin off, but they’re not sure ‘bout that”
5. Once In A Lifetime “And you may ask yourself How do I work this? And you may ask yourself Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife!”
I am extremely happy with my partner, Kathy and my new car. The “house” needs an upgrade. I cannot wait to read Kathy’s rant on living in the current Bud’sManCave.
I’d be lying if I said that I understood this question. I’d also be lying if I said that I give a shit.
7. Girlfriend Is Better “I got a girlfriend that’s better than this, and you don’t remember at all. As we get older and stop making sense, You won’t find her waiting long…”
|Bud Weiser and Hunt Winklee in 1989.|
When I was 17, WTIT DJ Hunt Winklee fixed me up on a date. He did not mention it was her first date. I took her to the park my friends hung out at before we were to go to DJ Bull Durham’s party. When we got there DJ Sid Schaefer was loading beer in his car. We got out of the Budmobile and I lit a smoke. My date turned to me and said, “Here are the ground rules: No drinking. No smoking and no sexual advances.” She was driven home. Total time: 32 minutes.
8. Swamp “Everyone wants to explode. And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all. Don’t have a window to slip out of . Lights on, nobody home”
They were hold a fucking sign. What else do they do?
9. Road To Nowhere “We’re on the road to paradise. Here we go. We’re on a road to nowhere, come on inside. Takin that ride to nowhere, we’ll take that ride”
Kathy and I went to the Berkshires to be at Maple Sugar Season. It went like this:
|I was speechless, too.|
Always up for adventure, we decided to celebrate the beginning of Maple Season (or is it the end?) according to Kathy. So we hit Ioka Farm in the Berkshires. They only serve their infamous pancake breakfast for these six weeks.
|This lady explained how maple syrup saved the planet.|
|The world would end if we didn’t get a table shot.|
|I’m next to a machine that helps make the shit.|
|Kathy near another important machine.|
|If you guessed Kathy, the Snow Man & Col Mustard, you won!|
|Their maple syrup vs. the world. It’s better. It costs more than the rest put together.|
We stopped at a chocolate candy maker, too. I know. This shocks you. The shoppe had a piano player which was rather neat. I told her about my dad Bernie (who at 85 sings weekly at a piano bar!) while she played. She wants my dad’s baby now. (This was originally posted on our family photo blog. Neat concept, no?)
10. And She Was The word was movin and she was right there with it and she was”
It’s not so much the technology, but keeping it relevant. I have yet to upgrade to an iPhone or Blackberry. I feel it coming. Kathy and I both are ready.
11. Wild Wild Life Sleepin on the interstate oh oh oh…getting wild wild life. Checkin in and checkin out oh oh oh, I got a wild wild life”
Does almost stayed count? We were offered a free suite at the 1896 House in the Berkshires were Kathy used to work. We took it. But we were not prepared and after a couple of hours we decided to head back to Connecticut.
12. Nothing But Flowers “Once there were parking lots, now it’s a peaceful oasis, you got it you got it. Once it was a pizza Hut, now it’s all covered with daisies. I miss the honky tonks, Dairy Queens and 7-11 s…”
What would you miss if aliens took over the planet? Your turn.
13. Building On Fire “When my love stands next to your love, I can’t define love, when it’s not love…”
Love is you, love is me. Love is knowing we can be. You can never go wrong quoting John.