Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. Space Oddity “Ground control to Major Tom. Take your protein pill and put your helmet on…”
What vitamin or mineral supplement(s) do you take? I don’t recall, but a little spoonful of sugar helps it go down.
2. Changes “And these children that you spit on. As they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They’re quite aware of what they’re going thru”
What advice or suggestion have you given recently that went unheeded? I am beginning to rethink this blog. I think I need to go get back to what it was. Don’t get me wrong. Things have been great in Memeville. But that was not the point. Somewhere along the way I got side tracked. Oh, and this is my own advice to myself. Changes are coming.
3. Starman “There’s a starman waiting in the sky. He’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he’d blow our minds…”
Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets that has been monitoring us on earth? I believe in alien life. The math would suggest it. Visitors? I used to believe. But in this age of everyone carries a camera, we’ve seen zero evidence. Mores the pity, perhaps.
4. Ziggy Stardust “Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly, the Spiders from Mars. He played it left hand, but made it too far. Became the special man, then we were Ziggy’s band”
What is your favorite “fad” singer or band that swooped in with a hit and swooped out 15 minutes of fame? For a while when Alt first arrived, I love the Gin Blossoms. They were around closer to an hour, but as a look back I realize that after Hey Jealousy they had little relevence.
5. Heroes “I, I will be King, and you, you will be Queen. Though nothing will drive them away. We can beat them just for one day. We can be heroes just for one day…”
Do you think the Royals should remain in England as sovereign rulers? No. I don’t believe in Kings. That’s reality.
6. Fame “Fame makes a man take things over. Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow. Fame puts you where things are hollow…”
For you, what would be the worst part about being famous? The groupies. So little time, so much to do.
7. Ashes to Ashes “I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue…”
Name a good thing and a bad thing you did recently. The good? We went out to dinner with my mom, which is always an experience. She’s 88 and a bit set in her ways. The bad thing is that after my hospital shit, I found myself with a bit of a temper. I hate it when I am not entirely collected. I try for perfect, but of course I fail. I do let myself of the hook. Perfection is very overrated.
8. Fashion “Fashion! Turn to the left! Fashion! Turn to the right! Ooooooh, Fashion! We are the goon squad and we’re coming to town, beep beep!”
What is the last fashionable item you bought? Any fashion item that I have ever bought was purely by accident. I get excited over a new Beatles’ tee. Kathy’s my fashion guru. I really don’t care.
9. Let’s Dance “Let’s dance to the song they’re playin on the radio…Let’s sway while color lights up your face, let’s sway, sway thru the crowd to an empty space…”
When was the last time you slow-danced with someone and what was the song? It was with Kathy to the song Reasons. When we originally met, Earth, Wind and Fire were hot.
11. Modern Love “Never gonna fall for modern love walks beside m, modern love walks on by. Modern love gets me to the church on time…”
What is different about modern dating /relationships from what you did as a teenager? You sometimes get to sex before the first date.
13. Rebel Rebel “You love bands when they’re playin hard. You want more and you want it fast. They put you down, they say I’m wrong. You tacky thing, you put them on”
What do you like about your wildest friend or acquaintance? The element of surprise. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.