Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. Dream On “Every time that I look in the mirror, All these lines in my face getting clearer. The past is gone. It went by like dusk to dawn. Isn’t that the way. Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay” Do you pay dues or something such as a membership in a union, church, civic group, gang, etc? Do I pay membership dues to a gang? Really? A fucking gang? I think you lost it with all those trips to the hospital. Oh goodie, my gang dues have lowered! When you’re a Jet, you’re a Jet all the way!
3. Sweet Emotion “You stand in the front just a shakin your ass. I’ll take you backstage you can drink from my glass…” Have you ever been backstage at a concert to meet the band? If not, what band would you like to meet backstage? I waited to meet Paul the night I worked his concert, but this was pre-cells. I had to go not to lose my ride. I did kiss Bonnie Raitt once after her concert.
4. Walk This Way “So I took a big chance at the high school dance with a missy who was ready to play…” What was the first song you ever danced to at a school dance? I don’t remember at a dance, but at my first party in 8th grade I first danced to Surfer Girl.
5. Crazy “You’re packin up your stuff and talkin like it’s tough. And tryin to tell me that it’s time to go, yeah. But I know you ain’t wearin nothing underneath that overcoat. And it’s all a show, yeah.” Ever worn your PJs in public? Yes. When I was very ill in ’03, I went back and forth to the doctor in pajamas.
6. Cryin “I was cryin when I met you. Now I’m tryin to forget you. Your love is sweet misery.” What is the worst film you went to see in the past 5 years? One of the newer Star Wars films, I walked out on. Whether that was within five years is anybody’s guess.
7. Draw The Line “Checkmate honey beat you at your own damn game. No dice honey I’m livin on the astral plane. Feet’s on the ground and your head’s goin down the drain. Oh heads I win tails you lose….” What is your favorite board game? Beatles’ Monopoly rules!
8. Big Ten Inch Record “My girl don’t go for smoking, and liquor just makes her flinch. Seems she’ll go for nuthin, ‘cept for my big ten inch… Record of a band that plays the blues…” What was your favorite record (or CD) when you were 18 years old? That summer the jukebox kept playing Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
9. Janie’s Got A Gun “It’s Janies last IOU She had to take him down easy and put a bullet in his brain…” What was the last IOU written for that you either gave or received? I really don’t remember the first.
10. Jaded “My my baby blue. Yeah I’ve been thinkin bout you. My my baby blue, yeah you’re so jaded. And I’m the one that jaded you” Are you jaded on a subject or issue? I’m jaded on politics. But I still pay attention and hope. I think the movie The Candidate with Robert Redford captured why the politician changes and forgets why he got started in the first place.
|This pic was taken by my hospital roommate’s daughter.|
11. I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing “I don’t wanna close my eyes. I don’t wanna fall asleep cause I’d miss you baby And I don’t wanna miss a thing….” What was the last event that you missed that you regret? Kathy’s birthday. I did not plan on being in the hospital for it. She brought my wrapped gift down and looked happy. But, it had to suck. We’ll never get that “first one” back.
12. Rag Doll “Yes I’m movin, I’m really movin. Sloe Gin fizzy, do it til you’re dizzy. Give it all you got until your put out of your misery” What is the most miserable thing that happened to you recently? I think the aforementioned hospital visit qualifies. But the outpouring of well wishes on facebook and Stealing, sure helped.
13. Love In An Elevator “Love in an elevator, lovin it up when I’m goin down. Love in an elevator. Livin it up when I hit the ground…” What is the most unusual place that you have made love? I guess it was on a hotel balcony. Sorry, no video. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.