Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. Go Your Own Way “Tell me why Everything turned around
Packing up Shacking up is all you wanna do”
What is the longest vacation you have ever been on? I’ve been told that I’m on a permanent mental vacation.
2. Hold Me ”there’s nobody in the future so baby let me hand you my love
oh, there’s no step for you to dance to so slip your hand inside of my glove”
What is the worst exercise machine or routine you’ve ever tried? All of them. Yuk.
3. Gypsy “so i’m back to the velvet underground back to the floor that i love
to a room with some lace and paper flowers back to the gypsy…that i was…to the gypsy…that i was…”
What is your fondest memory of personal freedom? Each and every divorce.
4. You Make Lovin Fun “I never did believe in miracles, But I’ve a feeling it’s time to try.
I never did believe in the ways of magic, But I’m beginning to wonder why.”
Do you believe in magic/witches/alchemists? Do you believe in love? Your turn.
5. Dreams “Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions I keep my visions to myself
It’s only me Who wants to wrap around your dreams and …
Have you any dreams you’d like to sell? Dreams of loneliness … Like a heartbeat … drives you mad …”
Your newest daydream was about what? Publisher’s Clearing house bringing me that big fucking check. (Ed looks good for a dead guy, no?)
6. Say You Love Me “have pity baby, just when i thought it was over. now you got me runnin’, runnin’, runnin’ for cover. i’m begging you for a little sympathy
’cause if you use me again it’ll be the end of me”
Anyone violate your trust lately? No, but the day is young.
7. Sara “Sara, you’re the poet in my heart Never change, never stop
And now it’s gone It doesn’t matter what for When you build your house
I’ll come by”
Do you live in a house, apartment or with a relative? Those are the only choices? Condo? Houseboat? Cardboard box? And besides, DJ KathyA, I think you know where I live.
9. Songbird “And the songbirds keep singing, Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you, Like never before, like never before.”
Do you believe people should have caged birds for pets? No. I think it is cruel. Now caged cats I am all for!
10. Landslide “can the child within my heart rise above?-can i sail thru the changin’ ocean tides? -can i handle the seasons of my life? i don’t know…..”
What season of your life are you sailing through? We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. God, did that fucking song suck.
11. Silver Springs “Time cast a spell on you But you won’t forget me
I know I could have loved you But you would not let me”
Any unrequited love story for you? Me? Nah. Who wouldn’t love me???
12. Little Lies “No more broken hearts, we’re better off apart. Let’s give it a try, tell me tell me lies…”
Ever told a lie to someone so to not hurt their feelings when they asked for the truth? Of course. If caught I use the “You can’t handle the truth” routine by Jack.
13. Warm Ways “you…..made me a woman tonight sleep…until the morning light
I ….i’m waiting for the sun…to come up…. i can’t sleep…with your warm ways”
If you have lost your virginity, and if you can remember the event, was it as amazing as you thought, or were you less than happy with the results? Who can remember shit you did when you were twelve? Now that first blowjob is a whole other story.We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.