> Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Rol Hirst at the blog Sunset Over Slawit. We’ve ripped from him once before. He states that he doesn’t remember where he stole it. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. Let’s go!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? Homework sucked. I just never did it. Oh, wait. That’s a fucking dream I have over and over. I procrastinated.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? Whatever Kathy says to this, I’ll agree with. I furnished my apartment from Bob’s Furniture. He’s got 40 stores in the northeast and is known for great prices. But thething he never advertises is his service, which is outstanding. I broke a spring on my leather sofa that was years out of warrantee. They sent two guys who completely rebuilt it. At the end I asked what I owed. They said “Nothing. Bob wants you happy.” And they left.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Kathy was right. This meme sucks the big one.
5. Is religion a crutch? Religion plays no role in my life or belief system. However, I think those who believe get quite a bit out of it. So I would never call it a “crutch” in general terms.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Nope. But I owe no one and can pay my bills.
C) Changing a flat tire – This one because I’ve done it. I’d never do it now after seven back surgeries. “Hello Triple A!”
D) Swing – I can waltz and swing dance. I can’t even listen to hip hop and would never have the interest in salsa. Unless of course Salma Hayek calls. Then all bets are off.
|My dad Bierne at my half sister’s wedding.|
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone? I had to tell my dad that his mother died. He reacted strangely because he wasn’t totally awake. He asked me, “Did you say that your mother died?” They were separated and he had spent the night with the woman that would become his second wife. Or as I like to call her, The Nastiest Bitch I Ever Met. I responded, “No, YOUR mother died.” She was 94. He wasn’t shocked. I had to identify her since he was out of town.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. A friend’s father said, “Love? Please. Love is over when you put back on your pants.” Not that it was true in the slightest way (although it was funny), but I did learn it in college.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? There was a regional hit from a group called The Fabulous Rhinestones in 1972. I’ve wanted to own that song for years. I hadn’t heard it since the 70s. Last week I found it on youtube. It’s now on my iPod. Tell me what you think. As always, Monday Mayhem with my friend Harriet is tomorrow.
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return with Mayhem.
Just a fair warning.
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.