Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. As Tears Go By : “It is the evening of the day. I sit and watch the children play. Doing things I used to do, they think are new…”What do you miss about being a young child? “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.”
2. She’s A Rainbow : “Have you seen her all in gold, like a queen in days of old. She shoots colors all around, like a sunset going down…”If you could be a royal figure, whom would you like to be? This could be a past or ancient royal as well. I abhor all things royal. The idea that just because you are born to someone that you have the country pay your way for a life time is appalling to me. So, I’ll go with King James. At least LeBron makes his millions for bringing his fucking talents to South Beach. Plus, he has groupies. Way cool.
3. I Can’t Get No Satisfaction : “When I’m watchin my TV and that man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be…”
4. Beast of Burden : “I’ll never be your beast of burden. My back is broad, but it’s a hurtin…”
What were you doing the last time you hurt your back? I have had 7 back surgeries. After a nasty fall last Sunday I was in max pain. Fortunately, I had already scheduled steroid shots for Wednesday. It’s a new process for me, but they work great. I am still stiff (I mean my back. Get your mind out of my pants.) but the pain is gone.
5. Brown Sugar : “Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in a market down in New Orleans…”
If you hired a maid, what tasks would you have her do? Up until recently I had a my Hot Housekeeper. For some reason, my lady thought she was not necessary anymore. Her work included cleaning, dusting, bathrooms and light sex.
6. Paint It Black : “I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore, I want them to turn black…”
What is your favorite wall color? My lady painted the WTIT Studio a steel blue color. It fits me well.
7. Miss You : “Well I’ve been haunted in my sleep, you’ve been starring in my dreams. Lord I miss you. “
Who has been starring in your dreams lately? Two lovely ladies in a hot tub. Hey it’s not my fault that I had that dream. I tried hard to ask them to leave me alone. They convinced me otherwise, somehow.
8. Under My Thumb : “It’s down to me, oh that’s what I said. The way she talks when she’s spoken to. Down to me, the change has come, she’s under my thumb…”
Has anyone ever been under your thumb? I am not sure I’d ever call it that, but I generally stick to my guns. I find (from their stories) most men in a couple situation tend to cave with their partners. I don’t do cave, but I am not demanding either.
9. Emotional Rescue : I will be your knight in shining armour, coming to your emotional rescue…”
Have you ever been to a therapist? If not, would you ever seek professional help for emotional issues? I was in therapy some 20 years ago to sort out the problems in my first marriage. It helped immensely. Staying with a terrible wife because of my love for my kids, was not a great idea. The doc
helped me through it. It was rough on my kids, but I had them every other weekend and on vacations. And I never missed a child support check. I am incredibly close to my three oldest and working on a my situation with my youngest.
10. Ruby Tuesday : “Don’t question why she needs to be so free. She’ll tell you it’s the only way to be…”
Do you prefer to be free or settled down? I do both well. But if you asked me if I was happier before my current love moved in, the answer would be an emphatic no. We have our ups and downs, but really have so much in common, it is all good. And she is very understanding of the French twins. Can you beat that?
11. Mother’s Little Helper : Things are different today, I hear every mother say. Cooking fresh food for a husband’s just a drag, so she buys an instant cake and she buys a frozen steak…”
What is your favorite convenience or frozen food? Gongerling. It is a rare Tibetan mixture of grok peppers, cauliflower, yak, snow peas and the juice of the Tibetan eight-scaled rattle snake. Marie Calendar’s frozen entree is not as good as when you get it fresh on the streets of Lhasa, but it is good in a pinch.
12. Gimme Shelter : “Oh a storm is threatening my very life today, If I don’t get some shelter, Oh yeah I’m gonna fade away…”
Have you ever been in a tragic fire, flood or storm where damage was done to your home or apartment? No, I have not been that lucky. Perhaps over the weekend!
13. Sympathy For The Devil : “Please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste, I’ve been around for a long long year, stole many a man’s soul and faith…”
Who is the sleaziest man you know currently? I am in sales. You won’t believe this, but there are sleazy sales people. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.