Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. Black Sabbath: Iron Man “Is he alive or dead, has he thoughts within his head? We’ll just pass him there. Why should we even care?”
Do you believe in Dr Kevorkian’s concept of “mercy killing”? Only for ugly people.
2. Led Zeppelin: Rock n Roll “It’s been a long time since I rock n rolled, it’s been a long time since I did the stroll”
What have you not done in a long time that you would like to do again? I long for the days when a man could be a man and be a pirate on the seven seas. Not the sock ’em kill ’em pirates of Somalia, but the rugged men who were nice and whose stories were made into Disney movies.
4. Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze “Purple haze all around. Don’t know if I’m up or down. Am I happy or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me”
Do you believe people can put spells on other people? Only with Love Potion #9.
5. Metallica: Enter Sandman ”Something’s wrong, shut the light. Heavy thoughts tonight. And they aren’t of snow white…”
What most recent thoughts kept you from falling asleep? I was concerned I would not have a funny enough answer for the Metallica question on this Heavy Metal Meme.
6. Judas Priest: You’ve Got Another Thing Coming “One life I’m gonna live it up, I’m takin flight, I said I’ll never get enough. Stand tall, I’m young and kinda proud…”
What did you think you would do as a grown up that never happened? I thought that married people had sex all the time. Wow, was that naïve.
8. Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast “Woe to you o’ earth and sea. For the devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short…”
Do you believe the earth is headed down a catastrophic path with severe weather and climate changes, or is this just a passing phase? History shows us that every billion years we have a catastrophic event. How much that mankind will contribute to the next one is the stuff that the next Al Gore movie will be made from.
9. Slayer: Angel of Death “Auschwitz; the meaning of pain. The way that I want you to die. Slow death, immense decay…”Should the USA continue to try to help change nations who have inhumane laws? No. We cannot fight other peoples’ civil wars. We could have learned that in Vietnam. But if Irag and Afghanistan proved anything, it was that.
10. Spinal Tap: Stonehenge “In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people…the Druids”
What ancient civilization do you like the best? Liverpool 1958. I’d love to be able to say, “Hey Johnny, could I join your band?”
11. Kiss: Rock n Roll All Night “You keep sayin you’ll be mine for awhile. You’re lookin fancy and I like your style…”
Ever date or hang out with someone just because of the way they look? Of course. Is there another fucking reason?
12. Uriah Heep: The Wizard “Why don’t we listen to the voices in our hearts, cause then I know we’d find we’re not so far apart”…
Do you believe we could ever find one government style (democratic, socialist, etc) that suits everybody in the world? Imagine there’s no countries, it isn’t hard to do, Nothing to kill or die for and no religions too. Imagine all the people living life in peace. So in other words, yes.
13. Dio: Rainbow In the Dark “There’s no sign of the morning coming, you’ve been left on your own. Like a rainbow in the dark.”
Ever been stood up when you were meeting someone? In my sales career yes. But if you mean in my dating live? Pfft. I am one hot dude. Especially for 259 years old. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.