Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. DETROIT ROCK CITY: “You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City, Get up
Everybody’s gonna move their feet, Get down, Everybody’s gonna leave their seat”
Have you ever been in a line dance or group dance? What was it? I tried when I was the Disco DJs days, if fact I taught a few. Once I left, I’ve never done another. Dancing should be about two people, not look like a gym class.
2. BLACK DIAMOND: “Out on the streets for a living, Picture’s only begun, Your day is sorrow and madness, Got you under their thumb”
What would be the worst change in your life right now? I haven’t got over the end of Thunks.
3. DEUCE: “Baby, if you’re feeling good, Yes, baby, if you’re feeling nice, You know your man is workin’ hard, He’s worth a deuce”
When was the last time you got a tip? After the Dialtone Club, I never though I’d DJ and get tipped again. But, while in radio sales in the mid-90s the owner made my advertising budget tied to me being the DJ. It was so similar it was spooky. But I got tips after playing requests.
4. STRUTTER: “She wears her satin like a lady, She gets her way just like a child. You take her home and she says, “Maybe, come on, baby”, She puts you down and drives you wild”
Do you know someone who easily manipulates others? Frankly, I think manipulation is another word for communication. It is only manipulation if you get talked into what you know you shouldn’t do.
5. I WAS MADE FOR LOVIN YOU: “Tonight I wanna see it in your eyes, Feel the magic, there’s something that drives me wild. And tonight we’re gonna make it all come true, ‘Cause girl, you were made for me, And girl, I was made for you”
What was the last thing you saw in someone’s eyes? I see love and respect.
6. LICK IT UP: “Dont need to wait for an invitation, You gotta live like youre on vacation. Theres something sweet you cant buy with money – lick it up, lick it up, Its all you need, so believe me honey, It aint a crime to be good to yourself”
When was the last time you treated yourself to something special? Kathy and I are going with my son and his wife to spend a night of at my daughters and granddaughters. It’s the 12th and final day of Christmas.
7. LOVE GUN: “I’ll be a gambler, Baby, Lay down the bet. We’ll get together, Mama…You’ll sweat”
When was the last time you gambled? My lady and I spent some time Christmas night at Mohegan Sun. We ate at Michel J’s Steakhouse, saw Ronnie Spector and drank a Martini’s.
8. HARD LUCK WOMAN: “I keep telling you hard luck woman, You ain’t a hard luck woman
You’ll be a hard luck woman, Baby, till you find your man”
Do you have hard luck, good luck or no luck lately? Good luck, but the day is young.
9. GOD OF THUNDER: “I was born on Olympus, To my father a son, I was raised by the demons (she laughs), Trained to reign as the one”
Who is your favorite super hero? Oh, it is Superman. Perhaps a man was made to fly with clouds between his knees. I had a 300 comic collection as a kid. I hit puberty and poof! I found girls much more super…
10. BETH: “Just a few more hours, And I’ll be right home to you, I think I hear them callin’
Oh, beth what can I do? Beth what can I do?”
What was the last reason you were late or detained? I was late for 5th grade. Mommy overslept, I think.
11. CALLIN DOCTOR LOVE: “And even though I’m full of sin, In the end you’ll let me in
You’ll let me through, there’s nothin’ you can do, You need my lovin’, don’t you know it’s true”
What can you do that helps other people? Right here, This fucking blog does not write itself.
12. I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE STATE OF ROCK N ROLL: “I gave my blood and I gave my soul
I stood my ground and I took control, The legend’s growin’ as the story’s told, I pledge allegiance to the state of Rock ‘n Roll”
What would you pledge allegiance to if given a choice? Sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. No not an original thought, but hey. It’s Friday.
13. CRAZY CRAZY NIGHTS: “And they try to tell us that we don’t belong, But that’s alright, we’re millions strong, You are my people, you are my crowd, This is our music, we love it loud”
Are you a member of a group, (church, hobby group, civic group, network)? I would not belong to a group that would allow me as a member. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.