Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Let’s do it.
1. “Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals … except the weasel.”
What was the last thing that you weaseled out of? One of my marriages. I said I was going to the store. It’s been 12 years. You think she’s figured it out yet?
2. “If they think I’m going to stop at that stop sign, they’re sadly mistaken!”
What was the last thing that caught your eye that you stopped for? That would be Kathy. I got off the single train. I knew pretty quickly that she was the one.
3. “You can’t keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.”
When was the last time that you blamed yourself? Most of my self evaluation is about my job. I hate mistakes. I’m pretty tough on myself.
4. “Here’s to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life’s problems.”
Does alcohol play an important role in your life? Not at all. Where the fuck is my Smirnoff?
5. “All right, let’s not panic. I’ll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”
Would you ever donate a kidney or another organ to someone? Yes, for anyone I cared about. But, I am sorry to say I probably wouldn’t for a stranger.
6. “Bart, you’re saying butt-kisser like it’s a bad thing!”
Have you ever thought you were a butt-kisser? Man, Janera. Kinky question.
7. “Everyone knows rock n’ roll attained perfection in 1974; It’s a scientific fact.”
What do you consider rock ‘n roll perfection? There is no such thing. Perfection is only in our own minds, there are no universal rock ‘n roll truths. The Beatles were as close as it gets.
8.“Hey, he’s not happy at all! He lied to us through song! I HATE when people do that!”
How seriously do you take an artist’s lyrics? Very much so. From Dylan onward there have been incredibly great songwriters and poets. I can love music without great lyrics, but the best songs have both meaningful lyrics and a great tune.
9. “If something’s hard to do, then it’s not worth doing.”
What was the last thing that you did despite the fact that it was hard? Passed on sex.
10. “The Internet? Is that thing still around?”
Can you imagine being in a time without the internet? Not anymore. I can’t imagine a world without Thursday Thunks. But, I will adjust to it. We will return with Dating Profiles.
We will return with
the return of Dating Profiles.