Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
You are asking this to a guy who has been married and divorced lots and has lots of children? You do the math.
2. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE: “Nothing you can make that can’t be made. No one you can save that can’t be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time, it’s easy. All you need is love…”
A roof over my head, music and the occasional Smirnoff rocks.
Vulcan. Man, do they know how to party!
4. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?: “Listen, doo da doo, do you want to hear a secret? Do you promise not to tell?…”
Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Please keep it between us.
It has been a while.
6. EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: “I ain’t got nothing but love, babe. Eight days a week”…
I’m not sure of when, but I know I was married. There were a lot of long weeks. Seriously, lots.
7. GET BACK: “Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldn’t last. Jojo left his home in Tucson Arizona, for some California grass. Get back!Get Back! Get back to where you once belonged…”
Right where I am, in the WTIT Studio with my lady Kathy.
8. GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING: “Everyone you see is half asleep, and you’re on your own you’re in the street…”
You kidding me? You want to know the order of my washing, peeing and drinking Diet Coke? Oh, wait. Is this a “do you get morning delight”?
9. HELLO GOODBYE: “I don’t know why you say goodbye I say hello, hello, hello…”
My neighbor. He’s been gone a while and his wife is wearing me out.
10. YESTERDAY: “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they’re here to stay, oh I believe in yesterday…”
I’m not sure it would qualify as “an event” but I did have great sales day.
11. WITHIN YOU WITHOUT YOU: “We were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion…”
I believe that I don’t have the answers. If I had to guess, I probably lean toward believing only in the life that we are currently living.
12. WHEN I’M 64: When I get older losing my hair, many years from now…will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?…”
I’m 259. I think 223 really rocked!
13. WE CAN WORK IT OUT: “Try to see it my way, do I have to keep on talking till I can’t go on? While you see it your way, run the risk of knowing that our love will soon be gone, we can work it out…”
I threatened to hold my breath until I turned blue. Boy, that showed her!
Not last night. But if something happens soon I will change this response, ‘kay?
15. FOOL ON THE HILL: “But nobody wants to know him, they can see that he’s just a fool. And he never gives an answer but the fool on the hill sees the sun going down and the eyes in his head see the world going round…”
Yes, but kid stuff. I was called “Curly Top” when I was really young and I hated it. And every one has experienced a playground bully.
16. SHE’S A WOMAN: “My love don’t give me presents, I know that she’s o peasant. Only ever have to give me, love forever and forever, my love don’t give me presents…”
The wonderful massage chair that I’m sitting in! It’s awesome. I think I answer memes much better now.
Her eyes, her smile, her laugh… Okay, EVERYTHING.
18. REVOLUTION: “You say you want a revolution, well you know, we’d all want to change the world…”
Feed the hungry, fix a broken tax system to redistribute some of the wealth, empower the middle class, and provide equal health insurance for everyone.
19. PENNY LANE: “Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes, there beneath the blue suburban skies…
Soby Drive was where the first WTIT Studio was located. We did our parody picture of Abbey Road there.
20. PAPERBACK WRITER: “It’s a thousand pages give or take a few, I’ll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style, I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer….”
Threesomes Are Healthy. I’d pick a subtle pen name.
21. NOWHERE MAN: “He’s a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody..”
22. NORWEGIAN WOOD: “She showed me her room, isn’t it good Norwegian wood?”
I worked as an Operations Manager of a furniture store. I picked out all the furniture that I’d get for half price. I quit before I got any of it. Four years later I bought it all for full price. I was very pleased that I could afford it. So I am attached to it.
23. MICHELLE: “I love you I love you I love you, that’s all I want to say, until I find a way, I will say the only words I know that you’ll understand…
Have you ever dated a non-US born person? (If you are from another country, have you dated anyone outside your borders?) I had a brief relationship with a woman born in Russia. She told me that the fall of communism was a cruel hoax. With Putin, it is clear that she was very right. But in 1994, who knew?
24. MAXWELL’S SILVER HAMMER: “Bang Bang Maxwells’ silver hammer came down on her head, bang bang Maxwell’s silver hammer made sure that she was dead…”
During hot and crazy sex.
I gave a tour of my home with Kathy for a video my lady made for Christmas. Or was it Yule? Or Festivus?
26. LADY MADONNA: “Lady Madonna baby at your breast, wonders how you manage to beat the rest…”
I’ve never done it, thank you very much. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.