Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. Let’s do it.
1. INDIAN RESERVATION “They took the whole Indian Nation, Locked Us on this reservation And though I wear a shirt and tie, I’m still a red man deep inside”Have you ever worn a uniform?I think the only one was as a Cub Scout. I wasn’t a Boy Scout for more than a weekend. It was at that moment that it all seemed way too military for me. While I respect the sacrifices the military has made to keep us free, I think at times Buffy Sainte-Marie’s words in her song Universal Soldier. Here’s the hit version from Donovan in 1965. If you’ve never heard it, it is a two minute song, so please give it a whirl. (I don’t real ask much here, do I?):
4. LET ME “But I know my love is going somewhere, But I’m sure, it ain’t being got by you”Ever admired someone for their talent?You mean like for great sex? Constantly.
5. HIM OR ME WHAT’S IT GOING TO BE? “I can still recall when you told me I was all, everything you looked for in a man, but I know that it’s not true, I see the way he looks at you, and I think you’re gonna hang me up again”Ever been dumped for another person?Yes. Jill Hennessy dumped me just because her husband is handsome, young, rich and wanted children. She’s sending notes that she’s leaving him. I’m growing a tad concerned that she might be lying. Pray for me.
6. KICKS “Girl, you thought you found the answer on that magic carpet ride last night But when you wake up in the mornin’ the world still gets you uptight”Ever fall for a scam? Yep. They’re called “memes”.
7. LOUIE GO HOME “Well hah I can still hear my baby moan, Louie go back home, I’d better go home…”What is your fondest memory of being called home?On my last birthday the French twins said to come home for my surprise. I thought, “I’ve know them for four years, how could they surprise me?” But they did.
8. ACTION “Dance,dance, dance, let your backbone flip…let’s go to the place on the Sunset Strip!”How do you get your backbone to flip?I am in SO much back pain and have to work today, I’d rather pass on this one if it all the same to you.
9. DON’T TAKE IT SO HARD “And you shouldn’t take it so hard, no you, shouldn’t take it so hard…”What have you taken too hard recently?I work with someone who goes out of his way to annoy me. You’d think once that I’d just ignor it. Maybe next time. He really is a fucktard.
10. CINDERELLA SUNSHINE “Where do you go Cinderella Sunshine?”What is your least favorite fairy tale?Tinkerbell. But I did not know she had a tail.
11. TOO MUCH TALK “Too much talk and not enough action do you know anybody
getting satisfaction. Everybody wonder’s bout the crowd reaction and the world gets better by a very small fraction”Do you read tabloids? Which ones and why?No. I read the sports section. I’ll be the first to admit that it’s rather close.
12. TIME AFTER TIME “But ya’all have emptied my mind time after time”…What was the last boring speech or lecture you listened to?My lady watched an educational film for a course that’s she’s completing. The narrator had this drawl from North Carolina. I’m sorry. I find anything from North Carolina irritating. She sounded like that Dixie character on that old TV show. Yuk.
13. I HAD A DREAM “I had myself a dream last night the same one. Havin it most every night now, since you’ve been gone…”Ever have the same dream more than once? What was it about? Blowjobs. Yep, it is still the Bud Blog. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.