Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it.
1. “All love shifts and changes. I don’t know if you can be wholeheartedly in love all the time.”Have ever felt that you’ve been in love with someone constantly over a long period of time?In relationships that ended, yes. Riveting fucking question.
2. “I am an optimistic lady.”How optimistic are you?In general I think the world will suck us into its fiery core without a moment’s notice. Except on days with threesomes.
3. “I don’t think today’s younger audience… would even know what 1920s musicals were like.”Do you have any knowledge of 1920 films or musicals? If yes, any favorites?I am a huge fan of 1930s films. If I’ve seen many films from the 20s, I don’t remember. My favorite from the 30s? The Thin Man series with Dick Powell and Myrna Loy. In fact when I was courting my lady, I showed her the DVD of the first one. The fact that she loved it is why we’re together today. Okay, that’s not true. But she doesn’t mind the twins. So, she’s a keeper.
4. “I hate the word wholesome.”Play word association. I say “wholesome” and you say: I say “yuk”. It’s not that everything needs to be completely adult, but I find most “wholesome” shit rather boring.
5. “I have always wished I could learn to be a potter. I love collecting ceramics; it would be so fulfilling to create something lovely.”
I’d like to be just a singer in a rock ‘n roll band.
6. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”Tell us about something that you had to persevere through.Disco. I actually learned to like a lot of it at the time. My fave job of all time was at The Dialtone Discodome. Ironically, it was there 35 years ago I meant my lady. As far as the music goes, really what groups were excellent? After Earth, Wind & Fire and The Commodores, the good bands were few and far between.
7. “Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly.”
It most cases I am pretty good. I don’t sleep with my neighbor’s wife every day. It’s disipline. I only do it when he is out of town.
8. “Sometimes opportunities float right past your nose. Work hard, apply yourself, and be ready. When an opportunity comes you can grab it.”
Yes and mostly to do with my ego. I always was over confident and thought I’d get my way eventually. But things tend to work out. I don’t have many regrets.
9. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and… SNAP! The job’s a game!”
Wow. This is the Dialtone meme. Other than owning my own business, being THE disco DJ at The Dialtone was a total blast. I did it for three years. I worked with wickedly great people, I had complete creative control and the babes loved me.
10. “Sometimes I’m so sweet even I can’t stand it.”Has anyone ever considered you as sweet?Do you think I got a fucking Google warning by being sweet? Gees. Wake up. See you for Thunks!
We will return with Thunks.