1. Do you RSVP to all of your invites over the holidays? Ha! You must be confusing me with someone who has a ton of friends that throw Holiday Galas. But to your question: I always respond. Kathy and I recently went to a party of one of my customers of over 300 people! It was like a wedding reception. The family is of Indian descent and had the BEST food. The open bar had my Ketel One and my lady’s White Zin. Get this: EVERYONE was offered a free hotel room! We declined and drove one mile into a DUI trap. I had maybe 150 Ketel rocks. Kathy had only two glasses of wine. When the cop came up to her, she pointed to me (a tad drunk) and said, “I’m the designated driver.” The cop looked over at me and replied, “Good choice. Have a nice evening.”
2. What’s your best excuse for not attending a holiday function? What is it with you, Harriet? Are you Scrooge and hate parties? 🙂 I love them. My only excuse would be if I really had a scheduling conflict. We are going to Kathy’s work Holiday party next.
3. Have you ever had ‘a little too much’ of anything in front of your boss at a holiday celebration or done anything else that may come back at you to haunt you in the future? No, but in my business (selling liquor to Massachusetts liquor store for the uninitiated) it would not be a huge deal.
4. How many cards do you send via ‘snail mail’ (regular mail)? Me? None. But for first time in over a decade my family will get cards and Kath’s annual update on her life. But not the one I’ve posted here. I mean I tried to get her to send it but she mumbled something about it not being “in the spirit”.
5. How many cards do you send via email? I would do anything for love but I can’t do that.
6.What is your exercise routine during the holiday season? Are you fucking shitting me? Oh. I should have said, “I never miss my standard weekly exercise routine.”
8. Tell us what is your re-gifting policy? I’m handing all my policies out at the door on your way out of this post. Have a nice day. Next!
9. Ever been the recipient of a re-gift? Probably, but if I did, I had no clue.
10. What is your basic ‘fat outfit’ to wear after you have been sampling too much of the holiday festivities? A Beatles tee and sweats. Didn’t we get this question yesterday? I’m seeing everything twice!