Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
2. Polar bears seem to do well in the snow… How about you? Is snow just another thing you deal with when it shows up, or is it shutdown time? …and if you’re posting from a non-snowy locale, do you make trips to actually see snow? It’s okay
to admit it… People make fucking trips to freeze their ass off to see snow? Oh, they must be like the tornado chasers. You know, total morons. I hate winter. HATE. But, since my lady loves four seasons and I love my career, here in New England I will stay.
3. Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood. My X-Ray glasses! I thought I would be able to see all my kindergarten girl’s underwear. Who knew it was I scam? Fortunately my Uncle Fred taught me how to teach the girls “strip slap jack”. Oh, the memories…
4. If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be? Food or medicine, a tough choice. I guess I’d do food. No child should go to bed hungry in the year 2010.
5. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they? Who writes this shit? Who cares? Aunt Maggie’s farm is two hundred miles away. I think. Maybe 299? I think Uncle John’s band is about 6 feet under. I did find a cool globe recently, however. Anybody up for an African Safari?
|Cousins Willie & Pam with Aunt Helen|
6. My mom ordered a turkey dinner from a local market. it was o.k., but not very good. how was your turkey (or last holiday meal) this year? Our family went to a restaurant. My Aunt Helen (real aunt, no song reference) treated us. It was a good time.
7. In a one horse open sleigh: Have you ever been on a sleigh ride or a carriage ride? Do you even like horses? Or would you just rather
travel by your own two feet? Yes, I’ve been on a sleigh ride. I used to take my kids on one every holiday season at Santa’s Land in Vermont. I loved the serenity of that place. I always say I’d like to take my grandchildren there.
8. What is your least favorite Christmas song? …and sung or played by whom? You know, the one you tend to skip on the player… Chipmunks Christmas. Alvin!
We’re glad that you stopped by.
Enjoy your weekend.
Same time. Same blog.