Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday meme. Let’s do it. The meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Led Zeppelin
1. BLACK DOG “Take too long before I found out, what people mean by down and out. Spent my money, took my car…”
I’ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I’ve been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.
(I know. Sometimes I can’t help myself.)
2. DAZED AND CONFUSED “Oh I don’t like when you’re mystifyin’ me. Oh don’t leave me so confused, now whoa baby. Been dazed and confused for so long…”
What leaves you dazed and confused? Why we are still fighting two wars? We elected this fucker to get the troops home. 2014? Are you shitting me? The only people happy with this horse shit are the same assholes who got us in there.
3. FOOL IN THE RAIN “Another 10 minutes no longer, and then I’m turnin around. The clock on the wall’s moving slower, oh my heart it sinks to the ground…”
Have you ever been “stood up”? Shit. Me? Surely you jest. I may 259, but I’d still be hot. (and more than slightly delusional.)
4. IMMIGRANT SONG “On we sweep with, with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins…”
How do you feel about immigration into the USA? “Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free…”
5. KASHMIR “I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been. To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen…”
Have you ever visited someone in a nursing (old age) home? Yes. Most recently my lady’s dad. Fortunately he is back home now.
6. MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP “Crowds of people sittin on the grass with flowers in their hair said Hey boy, do you wanna score?”…
Have you ever done something because of “peer” pressure? Yes. Way too much I would suppose. But the only real regret was starting smoking at 12. I quit at 22.
Then after my first divorce I started again. It took another 10 years to quit. I have not smoked a cigarette in over six years.
7. RAMBLE ON “A ramble on, and now’s the time the time is now. Sing my song, I’m goin round the world to find my girl”
Where is the oddest place you went to on a date? I don’t know about a strange place, but I have had a slew of bizarre dates. When I was I radio DJ, a listener invited me to her dorm room. When I knocked on the door, she opened it naked. That surely took the mystery out of the itinerary.
8. ROCK N ROLL “Ho, it’s been a long time since we walked in the moonlight, a-makin vows that just can’t work right, haw haw, yeah yeah open your arms, open your arms, open your arms, let my love come runnin in…”
What’s the last romantic thing you did (besides sexual)? Any time that I am with my lady it is my goal to be romantic. I think she’d be better equipped to answer whether I have been successful. And since she wrote this meme and question I am not going to get trapped here. But come to think of it, she has a favorite wine that she has only found at a store 1½ hours from here. I did all this tracking to find out that the only wholesaler in Massachusetts that had it was my own company. It was not in our journal. I bought a case for her by contacting my brother (he also works that the company)!
9. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN “There’s a lady who’s sure, all that glitters is gold, and she’s buying a stairway to heaven…”
What did you last buy? Was it on Black Friday? I’ve never ever done Black Friday. The last purchase I made was for the new Sister Hazel CD. It’s called Heartland Highway. Excellent.
10. THANK YOU “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me…”
What is the longest relationship you have ever had? I spent over twenty years while both dating and married to my first wife. The marriage sucked moose, but I do have four wonderful children, two grandchildren with a third on the way.
11. THE LEMON SONG “I work as hard as I can-a. I bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man. I should have quit you baby-a such a long time ago…”
Have you ever loaned money to someone? Yes. Five years ago I lent a large sum to my BFF Harvey Wallbanger for his art exhibit in Atlanta. I never expected to see the money again. I was taught by my dad that if you do something, do it graciously.Harvey won a settlement a year ago and paid me back in full. Neat, no?
12. THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME “You don’t know what you’re missin now. Any little song that you know. Everything that’s small has to grow. And it has to grow!”
Do you have plants in your house? No. There are plants outside if that is of any help.
13. WHOLE LOTTA LOVE “You’ve been learnin and baby I been learnin, all them good times, baby baby I’ve been discernin…”
What is the last class or course you studied? I had to get licensed to do liquor tastings. I also have to take on line classes and tests to learn about the liquor I sell. You’ve got to get 90% to even pass. So, obviously, I know what I’m doing. Pass the Smirnoff. Happy Black Friday! We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.