Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Tell us about your very favorite (yes we know that’s redundant) Thanksgiving. Can I do worst instead? Most just run together. The worst one one was in 2003 when I was in the hospital. The nurses kept complaining how it sucked to work on Thanksgiving. I finally started saying, “Don’t you think it sucks for us, too?”
2. What are you doing for Turkey Day this year? My Aunt Helen is treating us to dinner at Apricots. It’s a terrific restaurant that has a piano bar. My dad sang there for years. My lady will meet more of my family. I warned my lady that it will be sorta like the Star Wars’ bar.
3. If you were to go to somebody else’s house, what would be your favorite dish to bring? Trust me, no one would ask me to bring something. I honestly don’t think they’d trust my judgement at buying a fucking pie.
4. Tell us about the funniest person that you’ll be with this Thanksgiving. My dad. He is still a pisser at 85.
5. What would surprise us to know about your Thanksgivings? The French twins weren’t invited. They are really nice ladies.
6. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see? Why, it can’t be both? There will be drama. At some point I will piss off my mother. It’s a thrilling new dynamic to our relationship. My sister will tell her to shut up and then we will move on.
7. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it? You mean like eat turkey? Yes, we still fucking do it. You mailed this fucker in this week, Sam.
8. We know you’ve been asked this probably 15 times this week. But share with us in 2010, what are you most thankful for? That would be reuniting with my lady a mere 35 years after we met. I guess it’s like fine wine. We needed to age a bit.
9. Okay, the big question: are you going to ‘attend’ any of the “Black Friday” sales? …and if you are, are you hard core serious like the 5 am “be there” crowd? Really. Do I look like a dumb fuck? Don’t answer that on second thought. My shopping will continue on Amazon. I wouldn’t get up at 5 AM at gunpoint. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.