Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday meme. Let’s do it. The meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Stevie Wonder
1. I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU “I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart”
What did your last conversation revolve around on the phone? My brother and I work for the same liquor company. We were discussing the fact the makers of Grand Marnier were eliminating Navan, its vanilla counterpart. I loved the product. Some of my customers were actually bummed. One bought one of our last cases today.
2. SUPERSTITION “When you believe in things That you don’t understand, Then you suffer, Superstition aint the way”
Do you have a crazy habit or superstition you must perform in certain situations, such as throwing salt over your should when you spill it? I usually think this shit is stupid. But, as you know, I park in the same spot in our parking lot every night. I have NO idea why. I do think it’s a superstitious kind of thang.
3. SIR DUKE “Music knows it is and always will Be one of the things that life just won’t quit But here are some of music’s pioneers That time will not allow us to forget”
If you had to pick a music milestone event or invention, what would it be? The birth of The Beatles. Shocking, no?
4. YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE “You are the sunshine of my life, yeah, That’s why I’ll always stay around, You are the apple of my eye, Forever you’ll stay in my heart”
What besides your significant other brings sunshine to your life? My kids and grandkids. If you want to go beyond that, music makes my soul free.
5. LIVING FOR THE CITY “Her brother’s smart he’s got more sense than many, His patience’s long but soon he won’t have any, To find a job is like a haystack needle, Cause where he lives they don’t use colored people”
Have you ever been denied a job or treated differently at a job for an unusual reason? Yes. I auditioned to take over the lead singer’s place in Queen when they reunited after Freddie died. They sited the fact that I cannot sing a fucking note as a reason. Some people can be so rude, don’t you think?
6. THAT GIRL “That girl thinks that she’s so smart, That soon she’ll have my heart. She thinks in no time flat, That she’ll be free and clear to start”
Ever been pursued by someone who wanted you but you didn’t want them? You think? Yes. Wanna see the video?
7. I WISH “I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
Cause I love them so”
What era of your life do you miss the most? Those rainbow parties in the 90’s were bitchin’.
8. HIGHER GROUND “Powers keep on lyin’, While your people keep on dyin’, World keep on turnin’
Cause it won’t be too long”
Do you believe global warming will continue to worsen? Yes. But only because I can read.
9. PART TIME LOVER” We are undercover passion on the run. Chasing love up against the sun, We are strangers by day, lovers by night. Knowing it’s so wrong, but feeling so right.”
Have you ever dated someone you shouldn’t have because they were married or “taken”? Talk to my neighbor about this subject. That would be a “yes” for the unintiated.
10. SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED ” Then that time I went and said goodbye, Now I’m back and not ashamed to cry. Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours!”
Ever try it again with an old flame? What happened? Yes. I got a blowjob. Sorry you asked?
11. MY CHERIE AMOUR “Maybe someday, you’ll see my face among the crowd. Maybe someday, I’ll share your little distant cloud. Oh, cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore, You’re the only girl my heart beats for, How I wish that you were mine”
Who was your very first crush? Did they return the emotion? Jill Hennessy. She’s leaving her husband any fucking day now.
12. GOLDEN LADY “Golden lady, golden lady I’d like to go there. Take me right away.”
Ever get a tanning salon/ fake tan? Do you still worship the sun? No. Not even a fake sun. I did like the song Here Comes the Sun, however.
13. ALL IN LOVE IS FAIR “I tossed my coin to say In love with me you’d stay. But all in war is so cold
You either win or lose. When all is put away, The losing side I’ll play. But all is fair in love…”
What is the worst aspect of breaking up/divorce? The fucking money the lawyers suck out of both of you. We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9. She will not be sucking anything, I mean in the post.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.