1. What is your favorite orange colored thing on the planet? A stunning woman in an orange bikini.
2. Ever see an orange person? Sure. My neighbor’s husband his half-orange on his mother’s side.
3. Name something that you hate that is orange. Large men in orange ties.
4. What is your favorite sports team that uses the color orange? The Williamstown Wonders of the National Women’s Naked Volleyball League. But of course I root for the Connecticut Cupcakes!
5. Name an orange food. An orange. Hey, it’s early.
6. Tell us something funny that entails an orange (like a joke or image). Who do you think is the World’s Greatest Salesperson? The person who told this guy he’d look good in the getup.
7. What’s your opinion about pulp- does it belong in juice or should it be removed? It should removed by a beautiful Vulcan priestess.
8. When is the last time you ate an orange? March 15, 1998. I was in the mood that day.
9. Name an orange piece of your wardrobe. My latest WTIT thong.
10. Orange you glad we didn’t say banana? Wow. Now that was a great joke back in the day. You can never go wrong with a classic.
That’s a wrap on WTIT: The Blog
for a Monday.
We were on time for the first time.
We always take a day off on Tuesdays.
Unless we don’t.
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my