Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme of a blogger named Reymos at the blog My World is Getting Smaller Every Day. He states he got it from Carl Dorsey at Iron Cook: American. (and Carl stated it was written by Thomas Baker, thus today’s title). But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. If you could interview anyone on your blog (alive or dead) who would you chose and why? I’ll go with Jill Hennessy here. I mean that the real answer would be John Lennon, but I forgot to wish her a happy birthday last week and she is pissed.
2. What do you feel is your strength as a blogger? Getting a Google warning without actual posting something remotely “X” rated. I know, it’s a gift. Oh, I also throw great parties for The Blog’s followers. What, you didn’t get an invite? All the women had to do was send me a naked picture. I’ve posted all those great nude photos here.
4. If you were forced to change the name of your blog, what would you change it to? Why? Fred’s Diner. I’ll get the steak and eggs if it’s all the same to you.
6. What would you do with your last day if you found you had only one more day to live? Sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. And pass me the Smirnoff.
7. You’ve been doing medical research for decades and have finally found a cure. What was it that you found a cure for and why did you choose this particular ailment? The four hour
erection. It’s rather complicated but I just do not want to watch one more fucking commercial about being ready when the “moment is right.”
8. What is your most guilty pleasure? The French twins. OK, I’ve mentioned them. No need to keep those emails, text messages or tweets to find out how they are doing.
10. What do you think is the very best smell in the world? The one smell that can take you back to a time and place of a very vivid memory in your past? I read last week that the smell that arouses men is not any of the usual suspects. Men get aroused at the smell of pumpkin pie more than anything else you can have them sniff. But why that last sentence ends in a question mark is anybody’s guess. Peace out!
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We will return.
Just a fair warning.
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.
Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Have you ever been to a fortune teller? If yes, what happened? Yes. She said I would die before my 323rd birthday. I’m only 259, so it’s been a good run. So far.
2. How do you cope in an uncomfortable social situation? I drop my pants. It either gets very comfortable or I get arrested. C’est la guerre.
3. A genie appears (of course). She asks, “If you had 3 wishes but each took 3 years off your life, what would you wish for and why?” I don’t know, but the first would be to drop the three fucking lost years off the “wish”.
4. Would you rather lose your soul mate or never meet them at all? Are they part of a threesome? Just askin’…
5. What is the hardest thing that you have ever had to do? Stay married.
6. Have you ever had a miracle happen to you or your loved ones? Yes. Then the ghost of Christmas Past said, “Give unto others as you’d liken the lamb of the chop. Be sure to dance to the chicken and never wet your pants again.” How do you argue with that?
7. Tell us about a quote that you can relate to. Why can you relate with it?
“No problem is too big, complicated or complex that it can’t be run away from.” It was my DJ sign off from the first WTIT tape until my last solo show. Charles Schultz wrote it.
8. What personality trait has gotten you into the most trouble? Trying to pick up two women at the same time has had its challenges. Oh, and if you choose to try this: Don’t pick up married women whose husbands are Marines.
9. For those in The States, how was your Turkey Day? If not from the US, do you celebrate a day like Thanksgiving? Fan-fucking-tastic. Except for the father in the hospital part. Oh, he’s fine! Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday meme. Let’s do it. The meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Led Zeppelin
1. BLACK DOG “Take too long before I found out, what people mean by down and out. Spent my money, took my car…”
I’ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn and a king.
I’ve been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,
I pick myself up and get back in the race.
(I know. Sometimes I can’t help myself.)
2. DAZED AND CONFUSED “Oh I don’t like when you’re mystifyin’ me. Oh don’t leave me so confused, now whoa baby. Been dazed and confused for so long…”
What leaves you dazed and confused? Why we are still fighting two wars? We elected this fucker to get the troops home. 2014? Are you shitting me? The only people happy with this horse shit are the same assholes who got us in there.
3. FOOL IN THE RAIN “Another 10 minutes no longer, and then I’m turnin around. The clock on the wall’s moving slower, oh my heart it sinks to the ground…”
Have you ever been “stood up”? Shit. Me? Surely you jest. I may 259, but I’d still be hot. (and more than slightly delusional.)
4. IMMIGRANT SONG “On we sweep with, with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins…”
How do you feel about immigration into the USA? “Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free…”
5. KASHMIR “I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been. To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen…”
Have you ever visited someone in a nursing (old age) home? Yes. Most recently my lady’s dad. Fortunately he is back home now.
6. MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP “Crowds of people sittin on the grass with flowers in their hair said Hey boy, do you wanna score?”…
Have you ever done something because of “peer” pressure? Yes. Way too much I would suppose. But the only real regret was starting smoking at 12. I quit at 22.
Then after my first divorce I started again. It took another 10 years to quit. I have not smoked a cigarette in over six years.
7. RAMBLE ON “A ramble on, and now’s the time the time is now. Sing my song, I’m goin round the world to find my girl”
Where is the oddest place you went to on a date? I don’t know about a strange place, but I have had a slew of bizarre dates. When I was I radio DJ, a listener invited me to her dorm room. When I knocked on the door, she opened it naked. That surely took the mystery out of the itinerary.
8. ROCK N ROLL “Ho, it’s been a long time since we walked in the moonlight, a-makin vows that just can’t work right, haw haw, yeah yeah open your arms, open your arms, open your arms, let my love come runnin in…”
What’s the last romantic thing you did (besides sexual)? Any time that I am with my lady it is my goal to be romantic. I think she’d be better equipped to answer whether I have been successful. And since she wrote this meme and question I am not going to get trapped here. But come to think of it, she has a favorite wine that she has only found at a store 1½ hours from here. I did all this tracking to find out that the only wholesaler in Massachusetts that had it was my own company. It was not in our journal. I bought a case for her by contacting my brother (he also works that the company)!
9. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN “There’s a lady who’s sure, all that glitters is gold, and she’s buying a stairway to heaven…”
What did you last buy? Was it on Black Friday? I’ve never ever done Black Friday. The last purchase I made was for the new Sister Hazel CD. It’s called Heartland Highway. Excellent.
10. THANK YOU “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me…”
What is the longest relationship you have ever had? I spent over twenty years while both dating and married to my first wife. The marriage sucked moose, but I do have four wonderful children, two grandchildren with a third on the way.
11. THE LEMON SONG “I work as hard as I can-a. I bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man. I should have quit you baby-a such a long time ago…”
Have you ever loaned money to someone? Yes. Five years ago I lent a large sum to my BFF Harvey Wallbanger for his art exhibit in Atlanta. I never expected to see the money again. I was taught by my dad that if you do something, do it graciously.Harvey won a settlement a year ago and paid me back in full. Neat, no?
12. THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME “You don’t know what you’re missin now. Any little song that you know. Everything that’s small has to grow. And it has to grow!”
Do you have plants in your house? No. There are plants outside if that is of any help.
13. WHOLE LOTTA LOVE “You’ve been learnin and baby I been learnin, all them good times, baby baby I’ve been discernin…”
What is the last class or course you studied? I had to get licensed to do liquor tastings. I also have to take on line classes and tests to learn about the liquor I sell. You’ve got to get 90% to even pass. So, obviously, I know what I’m doing. Pass the Smirnoff. Happy Black Friday! We will return with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.
Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes are in bold and the meme questions are in bold.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
|SOBY DRIVE: (L to R) Killer Joe, Bouncing Billy, Johnnie Walker, Galloping Gary & Bud Weiser|
Have you ever realized that you were trying to be like someone else? Yes. When we took the first pictures of the original WTIT DJ staff, I dressed in white to appear like John Lennon. When a girl I was dating told be that I looked like “the Good Humor man” I realized my faux pas. This picture was from a photo shoot that we did in 1970.
2. “Behind every cloud is another cloud.”
Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about things? I’m always upbeat. When you’ve got French twins as neighbors who love to play, how could one complain?
3. “How strange when an illusion dies. It’s as though you’ve lost a child.”
Tell us about a time when you realized your perception of reality was an illusion. After I saw the original Matrix. I believe it was a true story. We’re just all batteries.
4. “I’ve never looked through a keyhole without finding someone was looking back.”
Have you ever felt someone was watching you a bit too closely? I have an ex who cyber stalks. I probably shouldn’t mention it because I finally got her to stop contacting me. But, she is still there and its sucks that she never moved on.
5. “If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst role.”
Have you ever had a job that you were embarrassed by? I sold life insurance for two weeks. Trust me, I would have bankrupt them. *shiver*
6. ‘In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people.”
Do you feel that you need a lover to make you feel “whole”? Nope. I have very successfully navigated the single life. Am I happy that I found my lady? Yes and in ways that I could not fully express. I cannot imagine my life now without her. But, would I be “afraid” of being single again? Nope.
7. “If I am a legend, then why am I so lonely?”
Tell us about a time when you felt lonely. I had a tough time when Bambie’s mother died.
8. “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.”
Would you rather be rich and alone or live with love from a lover? Great choice. Blow me.
9. “I try to bring the audience’s own drama – tears and laughter they know about – to them.”
Tell us about the last movie that you saw where you could feel the drama as though you were living it. I said that I believe that The Matrix was true. What’s more to be said?
10. “I was born at the age of twelve on an MGM lot.”
What was your life like at 12? I knew two things. One was that I needed to become a DJ. The other was that I wanted to see a girl naked. At 14 the latter came, at 15 we invented WTIT.
We will return with something.
Whether you are ready or not.