Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Many of my friends have commented they
cannot discuss politics with co-workers, family, friends and others without conflict rearing its ugly head. Do you feel you can talk with your family and friends about this particularly divisive election? Yes I can talk to them. But who gives a fuck what I think? We all do agree that anything to do with that nutcases at the so-called “Tea Party” movement are dangerous. Not just because we don’t share their conservative views, but also the lack of any real platform. It’s easy to say, “We hate Obama Care. We hate taxes.” But how about one original idea? What are you for, not against? Sarah Palin should just go away.
2. Do you know who you’re voting for in next week’s election? How did you decide? No. I hate both Connecticut’s candidates for the Senate. She made her millions with wrestling and the WWE, and he’s an ass. He got caught lying when he said that he had served in Vietnam. So it’s a tough choice between Linda McMahon and Dick Blumenthal. I am also overly underwhelmed at the gubernatorial candidates. This weekend my lady and I will do our research to decide. And I don’t mean that we will pick the same people, but we’ll figure out the choices.
3. What do you think is the most important issue in next Tuesday’s election? It’s the economy, stupid. It’s also about supporting our troops by bringing them home.
4. Can you go a day without laughing? Moi? Not a fucking chance. I joke and laugh throughout my day. What’s that? Why aren’t I funny here? Shit. You found me out. I’m a very serious fellow.
5. Do you think that you can chose who you want to love? No. But you can pick out hot babes for just the right threesome.
6. Have you ever been on stage? For what? As shy as I am? Oh, right. Yes. I’ve acted, I’ve been in choirs. I was a male stripper in my thirties. It’s god awful what women expect for $1!
7. Would you ever live in a different country? If yes, where? No. I’d love extended stays in Europe, Asia or any any island called St. Somewhere. My work is here. And I believe in family. I have four kids. They’re grown and don’t need me as they once did, but we need each other. My daughter Heather and husband Alec are raising my perfect granddaughters. Here, for the first time I’ll share what happened to me Wednesday night at
a wake for my daughter-in-law’s grandfather. My son Ben pulled me aside to tell me I will be a grandfather for a third time! I couldn’t be happier. Ben and Maria have been wanting this for a long time. I have never seen a couple more in love and never could ask for a better daughter-in-law. They will be awesome parents!
8. Any plans for Halloween? My lady wanted to go to The Great Pumpkin Fest in Keene, New Hampshire. But because of her recovery from the flu and my own fighting a bug, we won’t be going. So, we’ll go to the Sunday night neighborhood cockfights.
9. The last costume that you wore, what was it and why did you choose it? I was a Klingon because my son James lent me his great costume. I won an award for it when I was working in television back in the late 90’s. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.