Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it? I was in marketing in 2000 for a fortune 500 company and the Vice President awarded me for “Outstanding Achievement”. That was cool. The prize was only $100. but at the time I felt like a million bucks.
3. Tell us about something you’ve done that in retrospect was a waste of time. Thursday Thunks. I was asked to join the two writers to keep it alive and fresh. And don’t get me wrong, I love Kimber & Berleen. But it is not my blog. I hoped to keep it from crashing and burning. I wrote my last one this past week. Either they will do it or they won’t. It’s not under my control. If I were to do a Thursday meme, which I do not plan to do, it would be my concept and thus my blog.
|Heather and Bud in 1975 in WTIT’s Maplewood Studio.|
4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change? The day my first child, Heather was born. I knew I would forever be different because of the instant love that I felt. I was only 22, and I was right.
5. Tell us about a place you that you’ve been that you considered to be very tranquil. I was in a MRI today. I was lying on pillows and listening to CS & N. It was very tranquil. I mean for a place without naked women.
6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why? I watch Brian Williams. He’s too pompous for my taste, but I’ve watched NBC since Huntley-Brinkley.
7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why? The Twin Cities. What do you mean that it’s already taken? Well, fuck Minnesota. I thought of it first. Well then second.
8. What is something about which you’ve always wondered but have not yet found a good answer? Why the fuck I do these memes.
9. When you can’t go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland? Sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.