Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday meme. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: U2
1. ANGEL OF HARLEM “Blue light on the avenue, God knows they got to you. Empty glass, the lady sings, eyes swollen like a bee sting. Blinded, you lost your way…”
What were you drinking the last time you got drunk? Smirnoff. Shaken not stirred.
2. BEAUTIFUL DAY “You love this town even if it doesn’t ring true, you’ve been all over and it’s been all over you”
What do you like about your favorite town/city?
I don’t know if I have a fave city. There are SO many I’ve never even seen. I’ll go with the town that I live in. It’s comfortable like an old pair of your favorite jeans.
3. DESIRE “Desire. She’s the candle burnin’ in my room, yeah I’m like the needle, the needle and the spoon. Over the counter, with a shotgun pretty soon, everybody’s got one, I’m in a fever when I’m beside her”…
What do YOU desire right now? My next threesome. C’mon. You’re on The Blog. You get what you pay for.
4. I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR “I have climbed the highest mountains, I have run thru the fields, Only to be with you, I have run, I have crawled, I have scaled these city walls, only to be with you…”
How do you exercise? I get all the exercise I need by just pushing my luck.
5. NEW YEAR’S DAY “All is quiet on New Year’s Day. A world in white gets underway. I want to be with you be with you night and day. Nothing changes on New Year’s Day”
What was your most eventful New Year’s Day? Did anything change? Gee. Which was my favorite hangover? I’d say the eventful part tended to happen the night before.
6. ONE “Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you nevr had love and you want me to go without. Well, it’s too late tonight to drag the past out into the light. We’re one but we’re not the same.”
What has left a bad taste in YOUR mouth lately? Marriage.
7. PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE) “Early morning April 4, shot rings out in the Memphis sky. Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride. In the name of love.”
This song was about Martin Luther King Jr…who is YOUR inspiration? John Lennon. I know, you never saw that one coming.
8. SECONDS “In an apartment in Times Square you can assemble them anywhere. Held to ransom, hell to pay, a revolution every day”
What was the last club, group or gang you joined? I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. I know. Can we just pretend I said it first?
9. SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY “And it’s true we are immune when fact is fiction and TV reality. And today the millions cry. We eat and drink while tomorrow we die.”
What is your favorite “Reality” TV Show? I only watch one. American Idol. It won’t be the same without Mr. Cowell.
10. SURRENDER “She tried to be a good girl and a good wife, raise a good family, lead a good life. It’s not good enough. She got herself up on the 48th floor. Gotta find outfind out what she’s living for”
What are/were the 3 best qualities of your mother? You picked the right time. It was her birthday yesterday. I’d say “happy birthday”, but if you were my mom, would you read this blog?
11. THE SWEETEST THING “My love, she throws me like a rubber ball. Oh the sweetest thing. But she won’t catch me or break my fall. Oh the sweetest thing. Baby’s got blue skies up ahead, but in this, I’m a raincloud.”
What is the coldest, harshest thing you ever did to a significant other/partner/husband/wife? I had nothing to do with that! What? Tell me that you’ve never served poison mushrooms.
12. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE “These city lights, they shine as silver and gold. Dug from the night, your eyes as black as coal. Walk on by, walk on through, walk till you run and don’t look back”
What was the last night time activity YOU participated in? Last week’s neighborhood threesome ratings event. It wasn’t as good a field as last year’s was, but I thought the French twins were outstanding.
13. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side. I wait for you. Sleight of hand and twist of fate, On a bed of nails she makes me wait, and I wait without you”
What is your favorite magic trick? Hide the salami. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Thank you for dropping
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Next time we might be excellent.
Check that, we also might not.
Time will tell.
But doesn’t it always?
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.