1. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who were you meeting and why? I have never “snucked out”. As a kid, I never felt the need. Now as an adult, if I’m leaving I slam the door. It’s my way of saying “goodbye”.
3. Tell us about someone you know named Bob. (Yes, we know this is a stupid question. Stupid is what we do best.) Bob Smirnoff was a WTIT DJ from 1985 to 1987. He was our political guy whose sense of humor was dry. He quit on the night of our 200th Tape Show due to a job change. Rock Rolling took his place and has been with us now 23 years.
4. We just found the perfect retail space. We are giving you the store. What’s its name and what do you sell?
5. Tell us about your last “friend with benefits”. Don’t know about it. I’ve had several relationships that started romantic and turned to friends. You can sometimes slip and have sex, but it generally ends the friendship. I had one that went back and forth a couple of times. But the bottom line was that we were never in love.
8. Tell us about moving out of your parent’s home. Who did you move in with? I was 21 and left to get married. No wonder it didn’t work out. I was just a kid. I knew it was a mistake at the ceremony! I know, I was not very bright.
9. What was your most recent regret? Whoever I was married to the last time. Hey, do I have to take out my marriage spreadsheet to check?
10. Berleen recently ranted on face book about having to got to parent-teacher conferences when your child has great grades. What was the stupidest meeting that you most recently endured? It was called the infamous “Mid Screwed Meeting”. The GM of my radio station, an adult contemporary station called Star 104.1, held his one and only meeting during my three years there. It was July.
We were being sold in the fall. The rumors everywhere were that the new owners would switch us to an alternative rock station. The GM wanted to tell us not to listen to the rumors and wanted to tell us we were being “mind fucked” by the competition. He swore the rumors were false. Since he had to clean it up, he called it “mind screwed.” We were sold that year on Halloween. On November 1st we switched to Radio 104, an alternative rock station. I was promoted to sales manager. The GM told me that they had decided that prior May. A lot of people got screwed, but not mind screwed.
11. Do you collect anything? Music. I have 13,000 plus songs on my iPod. I continue my quest to find great rock songs.
12. Has anyone ever told you that you were in the wrong job? Each and every time I was fired.
13. Is there something that you’d like to complete before the end of 2010? I really don’t have any unfulfilled goals. The only goal I had at the beginning of the year was to kick start my social life. As much fun as the French twins are, I thought I’d like to try a relationship again. So, that worked out well beyond my expectations. I never expected to be living with my lady. Oh. Thanks for stopping by. We’re back with Rock ‘n Roll Fridays !! It’s U2!
contribution to The Blogosphere here.
We realize that is a lofty expectation.
WTIT: The Blog is back tomorrow.
It’s Rock ‘n Roll Fridays with U2.
Same time. Same blog.