Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “A lie cannot live.”
When was the last time you felt you were forced to lie? My neighbor leaves for days at a time. His wife gets lonely and I am very neighborly. Man, he has a temper. How is it MY fault if he comes back a day early and I’m with his wife? He lacks basic understanding. So I said, “We weren’t doing anything. She was testing her resolve being faithful. She passed with flying colors.” He seemed both relieved and confused as I got dressed to leave.
2. “A right delayed is a right denied.”
Are there rights or freedoms that you’d give up to be safer? No. Once you start giving up your rights, it is no longer a free democracy. Period. Go for the Mass has ended.
3. “A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live.”
What, besides the lives of your family, would you be die for? I would defend Mother Earth against hostile aliens. “Take that you Klingon bastard!”
When was the last time that you solved a problem of yours just to create another? I have given this question all the consideration it deserves. Next!
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
What do you have faith in? Faith as in believing what I cannot see? No. You’ve got the wrong fucker.
6. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
Do you believe things in generally will usually win out? No. I think things in general will wind up with the worst case scenerio. I am seldom surprised.
7. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
When was the last time that you spoke out to help someone that you didn’t have to? 1975. I was working as a Disco DJ. I spoke up to defend a woman. Her boyfriend had said, “This DJ just wants to get in your pants. You are not taking a ‘short ride’ with him.” I jumped up and defended her right to have sex with me.
8. “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.”
Do you envision a time where the United States will not be at war? Why? No. Because we never mind our own business.
9. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
Is there anything that you are bitter about that you cannot get over? Most of my marriages come to mind.
10. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
Do you take chances by speaking up even when it could cost you something? No. Why lose a chance at a roll in the hay?
We will return with something