Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme of a blogger known as Emily Barton, the Queen ‘o Memes at Telecommuter Talk. We were lucky to find this meme. Emily actually wrote it herself (when do we find that? We’d guess maybe once a year.) We have told Emily that we stole it but we’ve already been given permission. Emily wrote, “Are you reading this? Then the Queen has tagged you. Get on with it.” Thanks, Your Majesty! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing! The meme questions are in bold.
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one “date” with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you? We will do the minimum and go back to 2000. We are 248 years old.
1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet? Yes. With the French twins keeping me young, I haven’t changed that much. My younger self would be pleased that I still have my hair, very little gray and survived that crazy orgy we went to for the Millennium Party. We partied like it was 1999.
2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise? I don’t think so. I was offered this job once before in 1993. I turned it down to stay in radio. But I almost took it. I’d be happy that I was doing God’s work.
3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS? Ha! I didn’t know fashion then and nothing has changed in that department. I would tell myself that I shouldn‘t have taken that complete new wardrobe from my girlfriend at that time. Everything comes with a price. We didn’t last a year. The clothes were rad, though.
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know? Whether I had finally found a woman that was right for me. At that time, I had not gotten over my last wife. It fucked me up in a rather large way. My YYS would be pleased that I moved on within a couple of years. He would find so much irony that someone I had met in my 20s was my lady and living with me. Is it a karma thing?
5. How would you answer YYS’s question? Gees. I’m seeing double. How did we not realize that Emily really asked the same question twice? Talk amongst yourselves while we write the next question’s response.
6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS? Don’t eat the yellow snow.
7. What is something that you probably wouldn’t tell YYS? That I would develop a staph infection in 2003 years and be told there was a very good chance that I would not survive. I had IVs at home for 8 months and daily nurses. I learned a lot about my life and when I came out of the other side of the rabbit hole that I would be a better person. I had to go through it the way it unfolded. Plus, I learned to devote myself to selling alcohol for the folks of Massachusetts. I am where I am suppose to be.
8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you? That I would finally get my financial act together and have great credit. If you pay your bills and don’t charge anything you can’t pay for in full, your credit rating soars. Who knew?
9. What do you think will least surprise YYS? That I never did win the lottery. Although, since I don’t buy tickets there is a bit of the cause and effect thing going on here. But, you can’t lose if you don’t play.
10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into “you” from the future? My younger self would probably rather run into his next threesome, if it’s all the same to you. We’ll return with The Harriet Meme.
WTIT: The Blog.
Enjoy your Sunday…
We should be doin Mayhem.
Or causing it,
Peace, my friends.
Join us. Same time. Same blog.