Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Do you make and keep friends easily? No, but I’m not sure you should. A friendship should be earned. I’ve been lucky to always have friends around. Maybe it’s cuz of I have a great bar. But, whatever gets you though the night.
2. Who was your very first friend? My first best friend became Dynamic Dick during WTIT’s first year. But he wasn’t that into what we were doing. Galloping Gary, who along with Bouncing Billy and I, founded WTIT was my first true best friend. It was the case throughout high school and college. He went to college at GW in DC. He never moved back. So we drifted, but are still in touch. He returned enough to be part of our 70s lineup, but ended it in 1982 at our 15th Anniversary Tape.
3. Who has been your friend the longest now? Oh, that’s Johnnie Walker. He was one of the original 5 DJs and began in our second year. We still get together a lot.
4. Tell us about your best friend. My BFF is Harvey Wallbanger. I met him after my first divorce because we had actually dated the same lady. Not at the same time. He was her ex and still a friend. That was in ’93. We don’t remember the last time we heard from the ex.
5. Tell us about the friend who gets on your nerves the most, and why. No. Even if one did, I wouldn’t say because a fucking meme asked me the question.
6. Tell us about the last time you let a friend down. Someone let me down? Well, yes. But I need to share it, why? Besides, I was the one who generally scooped their girlfriends. So mostly, it was my bad.
7. Tell us about the last wonderful thing a friend did for you! Hookers for my bachelor party was a nice touch. (See, I still haven’t lost it!)
9. Have your ever been jealous of a friend’s S/O? No. Well, if yes I scooped them. Then it would be “no” again. I am the worst. So sorry. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
Enjoy your weekend.
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.