Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ KathyA (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday meme. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: The Bob Dylan
1. TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN’ “And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’ for the loser now will be later to win, For the times they are a changin’”
What would you do or play at a Casino? Usually the hookers.
2. ON DESOLATION ROW “To her, death is quite romantic, She wears an iron vest. Her profession’s her religion, her sin is her lifelessness”
What was the worst job you ever had? Male stripper. You cannot imagine what women expect for a fucking dollar!
3. DON’T THINK TWICE IT’S ALLRIGHT “I ain’t sayin you treated me unkind, you could have done better but I don’t mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time. Don’t think twice it’s all right”
How do you waste your time besides memes? There’s life outside memes? Who knew?
4. IT AIN’T ME BABE “You say you’re lookin for someone, never weak but always strong. To protect you an’ defend you whether you are right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, It ain’t me babe”
What traits make up the ideal mate for you? Great ta-tas.
5. JUST LIKE A WOMAN “She takes just like a woman, yes she does, she makes love just like a woman, yes she does, and she aches just like a woman, but she breaks just like a little girl”
What woman would make a great president? Olive Oil. Hey, I y’am what I y’am.
6. KNOCKIN ON HEAVEN’S DOOR “Mama put my guns in the ground I can’t shoot them anymore, that long black cloud is comin’ down, I feel like I’m knockin’ on Heaven’s door”
Have you ever fired a rifle, handgun or other firearm? No. Give peace a chance, that’s all that we’re saying.
7. LIKE A ROLLING STONE “You used to laugh about everybody that was hangin’ out, Now you don’t seem so proud, about havin’ to scrounge for your next meal”
Have you ever been on Welfare (the Dole), or collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits? Yes. Insightful? Not really.
8. MAGGIE’S FARM “Everybody says she’s the brains behind Pa, She’s 68 but says she’s 24”
When was the last time you lied about your age? I was 12. I was buying Smirnoff.
9. MR TAMBORINE MAN “Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me, I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m goin’ to. “
Have you ever played a musical instrument? Yes. Would you like to blow my horn?
10. ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE “One more cup of coffee for the road. One more cup of coffee ‘for I go…to the valley below”
What brand of coffee do you drink and how do you take it? Smirnoff. Shaken, not stirred.
11. ONE TOO MANY MORNINGS “Down the street the dogs are barkin’, and the day is getting’ dark. As the night comes in a fallin, The dogs ‘ll lose their bark”
When was the last time a dog barked near you? My dog Happy is a virtual dog. He doesn’t bark a hell of a lot.
12. SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK BLUES “Look out kid, don’t matter what you did. Walk on your tip toes, don’t try NO DOZ, better stay away from those”
When you have to stay awake what do you do when you are very sleepy? Uppers.
13. TANGLED UP IN BLUE “I was layin in bed wondrin if she’d changed at all. If her hair was still red…”
What color(s) has your hair been? I was a very blonde kid. At 12 my hair became dark brown. The same thing happened to two of my four kids. My hair is still dark brown but I do have a tad of gray. At 258, that’s not bad. I was asked at work today if I died my hair. I laughed. That would be SO not me. But at my age, I did not mind the question. Thanks for reading this crap. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Thank you for dropping
by WTIT: The Blog today.
Next time we might be excellent.
Check that, we also might not.
Time will tell.
But doesn’t it always?
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.