Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “Captain Kirk has been a source of pleasure and income a long time now.” Who is your favorite Star Trek character of all time including all the shows and movies? Why? It’s a tie. The Dr. McCoy/Spock relationship was an impressive exploration of human emotion versus human logic. I’ve never seen two characters that have been better developed. The fact that they continued the relationship throughout the entire movie series as well is to be applauded.
2. “But if you want to know the truth, the weirdest thing that has happened has been my discovery that people who attend conventions are filled with love.” What was the last public gathering that you attended where you “felt the love“? My lady and I attended the Dennis DeYoung concert at a country fair that had fifty people sitting on the grass as he started singing (Dennis was the lead singer of Styx back in the day. And no I would not have known who he was had my lady not asked me to join her to see him.) By the time he started his third song, Lady, there were 1500 people there and state police were stopping people from attending. We were in the fifth row. We felt the love.
3. “How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” What do you do to stay youthful?
I am 258 years old. I stop caring whether I appeared or was staying youthful, many years ago. I think my connection with rock music, which is as strong today as it was in 1962, keeps me up to date. It does not make me youthful. Nor do I care. Oops, the French twins called and want to play. Thank god I’m not 260 yet!
4. “I think acting satisfies the need and desire for approval.” What in life gives you a feeling of approval? Blowjobs.
5. “No I don’t regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don’t regret anything.” What is a decision that you have made that others thought you’d regret, but you haven’t?
Do you really think I keep track of shit that others think? If you think so, welcome to The Blog. You have not read my opinions before.
6. “If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” When did you last get asked when you made a fool of yourself? (Extra points if you guess the correct meme.) Last week. Fuck the extra points.
7. “One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.” What is the best advice that you’ve ignored? Don’t get married. Boy, was I wrong.
8. “I’ve never had green alien sex, although I’m sure it will be quite an evening!” What did you do the last time that you had “quite an evening”? Most of my nights with my lady would qualify.
9. “Don’t just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.” Describe a perfect meal. Blow me. God, I can’t stand the same question over and over. Wasn’t this on the “made a fool of yourself” meme, too?
10. “For commercial reasons, we stayed away from advancing the theory of God.” Are there topics that you stay away from on your blog to remain non-controversial? Politics. I am a liberal. I try and fail to keep politics out of this fucking blog. I feel strongly that the WTIT Blog should just be funny. Once I get into reality, I turn some people off. This is not the Bill Maher show. So I do try. But then Sarah Palin speaks a syllable and I’m at it again. Although, Sarah’s problem is not that she is a conservative. Sarah’s problem is that she is a fucking moron. Happy Hump Day. Join us for Thunking.
We will return with something