Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week DJ Kathy A (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to Janera Jepson’s Wednesday Wickedness meme. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Duran Duran
1. WILD BOYS: “You got sirens for a welcome, there’s bloodstain for your pain and your telephone been ringin while you’re dancing in the rain” If you have been in a car accident, what happened? Another car hit mine. Each and every time. I am fortunate that I escaped with my life. Each and every time. If you can repeat this your insurance will decrease. Each and every time.
2. UNION OF THE SNAKE: “There’s a fine line drawing my senses together and I think it’s about to break. If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh oh oh! Voices in your body coming thru on the radio, ho ho.” Do you believe people hear voices or have guardian angels? I believe we all can hear each others’ voices and loved Charlie’s Angels. Ho ho.
3. SAVE A PRAYER: “You saw me standing by the wall, corner of a main street and the lights were flashin on your windowsill. All alone ain’t much fun, so you’re lookin for the thrill and you know just what it takes and where to go.” Where is a happening place for you to go? There are French twins who live upstairs. Have I mentioned them? Since we’ve become dear friends, their place is a happening place to go.
4. RIO: “I’ve seen you on the beach and I’ve seen you on TV two of a billion stars, it means so much to me, like a birthday or a pretty view but then I’m sure you know it’s just for you”. Who do you admire based solely on their appearance? Jill Hennessy. Shocking? A tad.
5. THE REFLEX: “You gone too far this time, but I’m dancing on the valentine. I tell you somebody’s fooling around with my chances on the dangerline. I’ll cross that bridge when I find it another day to make my stand”. What is the worst thing a lover has done that you forgave them for? Gee. It seems that you are either good at forgiveness or divorce. I am a bit better at divorce. Forgive? Not so much.
6. ORDINARY WORLD: “Well now pride’s gone out the window cross the rooftops, run away, left me in the vacuum of my heart. What is happening to me? Crazy, some’d say, ‘Where is my friend when I needed you most?’ Gone away.” Do you still keep in touch with your best friend from high school/university? My best friend in high school and college was former WTIT DJ and co-founder Galloping Gary. We keep in touch but live 700 miles apart.
7. NEW MOON ON MONDAY: “Last time la luna. I light my torch and wave it for the New moon on Monday and a firedance through the night. I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite.” Does the full moon make you act crazy? No. I can act crazy on any fucking day of any moon that you care to ask about.
8. KHANADA: “Don’t play with me, I’ve nothing to lose Khanada I’ll get by. It ain’t no ones day, coming so soon Khanada I’ll get by. I dont believe in dragons or blues Khanada I’ll get by. I don’t believe in nobody’s rules Khanada I’ll get by” Do you believe in dragons or blues? Dragons, not so much. Billie Holiday, yes. That lady could sing the blues.
9. HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF: “In touch with the ground. I’m on the hunt, I’m after you. Smell like I sound, I’m lost in a crowd and I’m hungry like the wolf” What do you smell like right now? Raspberry swirl, It’s an old French custom that I am sworn not to talk about. Wow. That’s a tad cold.
10. HOLD BACK THE RAIN: “Okay go off and wander. I’m guilty just the same. Sometimes you’re needed badly, so please come back again” What are you recently guilty about? I call people randomly on the west coast and tell them the endings of their favorite shows from the eastern time zone. Boy, Californians aren’t as laid back as they say.
11. GIRLS ON FILM: “There’s a camera rolling on her back on her back and I sense the rhythms humming in a frenzy all the way down her spine” If offered 1 Million dollars, would you pose nude or appear in a porn film? I’d do it for $100. But don’t tell anyone, ‘kay? I can hold out for that million.
12. ELECTRIC BARBARELLA: “People say they heard about our deviation. But you never looked so good. Wear the fake fur for me and put on your mystery” Have you ever worn real fur or would you if it were a gift? No. But it really hasn’t come up a lot. I’m sorry.
13. COME UNDONE: “Mine, immaculate dream, made breath and skin, I’ve been waiting for you, Signed, with a home tattoo, Happy birthday to you was created for you” Do you have a tattoo and if so, please describe it. If you don’t, describe what you would get if you changed your mind about it. I was hoping I’d make it the week without a tattoo question, No. Change my mind? Where’s the fucker with another million? Thanks for reading this crap. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.