Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn’t mean she can’t have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.” Have you ever had a relationship that you knew was wrong, but had fun anyway?
Yes. I call it a “shooting star” relationship. I went to meet a female friend and her friend at a bar. Her friend was gorgeous and of course, totally ignored me. At the end of the night my friend asked me to drive her gorgeous friend Thelma, home. It was on my way, not hers. We barely spoke outside of the usually pleasantries. It turned out that Thelma did not have her keys. So I had to help her break into her own condo. I boosted her up through her kitchen window. She landed in the sink hard and noisy. Moments later she got up poked her head out and I was handing Thelma her purse. She laughed and asked me to come into her home for a nightcap. At first I said that it wasn’t really necessary. She insisted. And then I though, “Why the hell not?” Cutting to the chase, I spent the night and saw her everyday for about three months. We really had nothing in common, so I wasn’t surprised that it only lasted 90 days. But, oh yes, I had fun anyway.
2. “Hate crimes are the scariest thing in the world because these people really believe what they’re doing is right.” What group of people committing hate crimes in your country scares you the most and why? Racist white people are very scary. It was what came first to mind.
3. “Husbands are like fires – they go out when they’re
left unattended.” How much effort do you feel a good relationship requires?” The max if you want it to work out. And if you don’t want it to work out, it won‘t.
4. “I won’t be able to do what I’m doing forever. There aren’t that many scripts floating around for fifty-year-old chicks.” Why are there roles for men till they get very old, yet very few roles are written for older women? I think there is still a sexist bias. It will change because Gen X doesn’t think the way boomers and their predecessors do.
|I Ain’t Got You Babe|
5. “I’ve always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.” Does what other people think effect what you do? Of course. If I had Cher’s money and fame I probably wouldn’t. I ain’t got you, babe. Or your money, honey.
6. “If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.” Do you agree with Cher? No. It gives us a sense of invincibility that an individual could not possibly possess. Otherwise, I’d obviously be Mr. Jill Hennessy.
7. “To me marriage is for five or ten years.” In you experience, can a marriage last forever? Ha! You talking to me?
8. “Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.” When was the last that you felt foolish? I recently tried to make a dramatic exit from a room and tripped and nearly toppled. I didn’t see humor in it at the time, but now it totally cracks me up.
9. “Words are like weapons; they wound sometimes.” What types of things have people said have really hurt you? “I hate you.” “Your mother shoulda aborted you.” “I’d sleep with a fucking horse before you.” “You’re hung like a raisin.” “You mama’s a ho.” You know, the usual shit.
10. “It’s not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It’s not the end-all, be-all of my life.” Do you need to be in relationship to feel whole? Great sex. That was too easy. Happy Hump Day. See you next time. Join us for Thunking.
We will return with something