Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to her Wednesday meme. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: The Monkees
Words that never were true. Spoken to help nobody but you. Words with lies inside, But small enough to hide ‘Til your playin’ was through. Ah! What was the last white lie you told? I told a date that I was a virgin. She looked at me strangely, “You have four kids, an ex-wife and an ex-second wife. You wanna explain?” I responded, “Explain what? How I got the kids?” Regardless of what others have gotten away with, never go for the immaculate conception story.
There’s a girl I know who makes me feel so good. And I wouldn’t live without her, even if I could. They call her Valleri. I love my Valleri. What is your favorite “girl” name? Oh. I have two daughters, two granddaughters and a s/o. All are “girls”. Right. That would be a terrific idea. But, no. I’m not going there.
Remember the feeling as a child When you woke up and morning smiled It’s time you felt like you did then. There’s just no percentage in remembering the past It’s time you learned to live again at last. What is your favorite morning ritual? Waking up. After that, it is a breeze.
4. STAR COLLECTOR She’s a star collector (collector of stars) She only seems to please young celebrities. She’s a star collector (collector of stars) How can I love her, when I just don’t respect her? Have you ever dreamed of a one night stand with a famous actor or musician? No, I’ve been talking about Jill Hennessy since 2006 cuz I’d like to fucking only talk with her. Gees.
5. SOMETIME IN THE MORNING Sometime in the morning A simple thought may occur to you, And you hold her, And tell her all the things you never told her. Are you a morning person or a night person when it comes to intimacy? I am more into what, not when. And most importantly who, as in my lady.
6. SHADES OF GRAY But today there is no day or night Today there is no dark or light. Today there is no black or white, Only shades of gray. Who gave you advice that got you into trouble when you were a kid? My dad. But, I must admit till this day, he is one hot shit.
7. PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY Another Pleasant Valley Sunday Charcoal burning everywhere Rows of houses that are all the same And no one seems to care. What is your favorite Sunday activity? Sex. Have you ever read this fucking blog? I didn’t get a Google Warning by preaching the bible.
8. MARY MARY Mary, Mary, tell me truly What did I do to make you leave me. Whatever it was I didn’t mean to, You know I never would try and hurt ya. Mary, Mary, where you goin’ to? Why did your last relationship end? She couldn’t keep up on the payments. No I have no idea what that means either, but it sounded cool. The real answer is that she was The Dragon Lady.
9. LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE Take the last train to Clarksville, And I’ll meet you at the station. You can be be there by four thirty, ‘Cause I made your reservation. What was the most desperate action you took to get together with a lover?
I’m not trying to sound over confident, but I can not recall doing anything desperate. I mean other than explaining how a woman could never get enough protein. Oh. And on the pic. Sometimes it is too fucking easy.
10. I’M A BELIEVER Then I saw her face, now I’m a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind. I’m in love, I’m a believer! I couldn’t leave her if I tried. Have you ever fallen in love at first site, or within a very short period of time? Yes. Isn’t it lovely?
11. THEME FROM THE MONKEES We’re just tryin’ to be friendly, Come and watch us sing and play, We’re the young generation, And we’ve got something to say. What was your most irritating trait when you were a radical teenager? I had all the answers. I was stuck up and full of myself. Now? Okay, yea. I’m still kinda like that.
12. CUDDLY TOY You’re not the kind of girl to tell your mother The kind of company you keep I never told you not to love no other You must of dreamed it in your sleep. What did you tell your mother (or father) that you regret telling her? I regret telling my mother anything of significance. She perfected the Catholic guilt shit. Damn, I wasted a lot of time over nothing. Praise be to Dobbs.
13. A LITTLE BIT ME A LITTLE BIT YOU I don’t want to find That I’m a little bit wrong And you’re a little bit right I said girl You know that it’s true It’s a little bit me And it’s a little bit you… too. What is the last project you worked on with another person? I’d say deciding to live together with my lady. We did a crash meet-fall in love-move in thing. We’ve both had to work hard at it. But, for my part I am thrilled. I wouldn’t change a thing. Thanks for reading this crap. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.