Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that your were ten years ago? My soul and substance hasn’t changed. Ten years ago I had only been single for a couple of years and got this big job in marketing at a Fortune 500 utility company. I thought I had found my final job. The whole department was eliminated in 2003. I got sick and nearly died right after that. I am very well, I have a job that is totally secure and the one I will retire from. And I am living with my lady. All in all, I am a much happier and productive person. Plus I’ve got the French twins. Life is good.
2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to? Yes. Sex.
3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much? I spent time a black jack tables in Lost Wages, the Caribbean and at Foxwoods. I’m not much of a gambler. I’ve won or lost a couple of hundred bucks. Wait! I did bet my girlfriend in 2002 in Atlantic City. I lost and she married the winner. What the fuck was her name?
5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you’ve ever made on someone. My buddy Cos (and former WTIT DJ) got hooked up with a pair of golfers in Cape Cod. Cos started kidding about getting a blowjob from a lady nearby. We had beers with the guys after the 18th hole. I asked what they did. They looked at each other and laughed. One said, “We’re priests.” Cos said, “Oh my God, about that blowjob joke…” The priest laughed and said, “We may be priests but we are human. It was very funny” I don’t think Cos talks to priests about blowjobs these days. It was one fucking hell of a first impression.
6. Do you have a memorable “ripped clothing” moment in your life? No? How about in someone else’s? One time when my neighbor’s husband caught us, he threatened to get a gun. He came back with a water pistol. I laughed so hard I fell down. He tripped and split opened his pants. He did NOT appreciate me looking at him in his underwear and say, “No wonder she prefers me.”
7. What’s changed on your blog since its inception? …a redo? …a change of pace? …or is it about the same? All of it. I started it to tell stories of the Djs of WTIT. However, I ran out in my first year. We transitioned into a comedy blog and I love it. Physically there is no resemblance to what you see now.
8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be? Floss.
9. Okay, let’s have it! What’s the craziest, most impulsive thing you’ve ever done? I got married at 21. Had I had an ounce of sense I would not have even dated her. It has been over 20 years since I left her. I do not regret a moment after the exit. But it was both VERY crazy and VERY impulsive. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.