Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “George wrote Taxman, and I played guitar on it. He wrote it in anger at finding out what the taxman did. He had never known before then what could happen to your money.”
No one likes paying taxes. But do you think the tax system is fair? Not at all. The top 1% don’t come close to paying their fair share. I don’t mind what I’m paying, but with the financial mess the Republicans would be well advised to stop blaming the Democrats and fix the financial system. Rant over.
2. “I definitely did look up to John. We all looked up to John. He was older and he was very much the leader; he was the quickest wit and the smartest.”
What did you think of John Lennon? He was the most influential musician and political thinker in the boomer generation. He was gone way too soon. Personally, I still miss him.
3. “I saw that Meryl Streep said, I just want to do my job well. And really, that’s all I’m ever trying to do.”
How do you approach your job whether in the workplace or at home? Naked.
4. “I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.”
Have you found that you have more tolerance for unusual people as you get older? There is a wisdom in years. So, I’d say yes. The kinkier the better. We’re talking sex here, right?
5. “I don’t take me seriously. If we get some giggles, I don’t mind.”
How seriously do you take yourself? I don’t take anyone or anything seriously, especially me. Hold that thought, the French twins are knocking on my door. I wonder what they want? Oh. I may have to finish this later.
Does your blog writing just flow from your head, or is it a lot of effort? The shit just flows, but whether it comes from my head or I am channeling some dead moron is open to debate.
7. “Think globally, act locally.”
Do you do anything to help your local community? Yes. I have offered to help our local schools by holding a topless car wash. I was shocked when my efforts were dismissed as “not is the spirit” of our town. I’d raise a hell of a lot more money that those fucking bake sales.
8. “When you first get money, you buy all these things so no one thinks you’re mean, and you spread it around. You get a chauffeur and you find yourself thrown around the back of this car and you think, I was happier when I had my own little car! I could drive myself!”
Have you ever had a period where you felt that you were set financially? Once upon a time, but it was long ago and far away. Money can’t buy you love, but it can buy much better hookers.
9. “Lyricists play with words.”
Do you think what you write on your blog is clever or just ordinary and why? Clever? Hmmmmmmmmmm. All I try to be is funny. But both clever and funny tend to be in the eye of the beholder.
10. “Where I come from, you don’t really talk about how much you’re earning. Those things are private. My dad never told my mum how much he was earning. I’m certainly not going to tell the world. I’m doing well.”
Who in your circle knows how much money your family makes? No one. But, it’s a fucking small circle. Happy Hump Day. Join us for Thunking.
We will return with something