Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to her Wednesday meme. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Elvis
1. A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION “A little less conversation, a little more action please All this aggravation ain’t satisfactioning me A little more bite and a little less bark A little less fight and a little more spark Shut your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me (satisfy me) Satisfy me baby” What is your favorite topic for long conversations? Sex. Unless of course the game’s on. In that case “Hold that thought.”
2. TEDDY BEAR “Baby let me be, your lovin’ Teddy Bear Put a chain around my neck, and lead me anywhere Oh let me be Your teddy bear.” What was your favorite stuffed animal or comfort object as a child? My babysitter’s tatas. I was very advanced for my age.
3. SUSPICIOUS MINDS “We can’t go on together With suspicious minds And we can’t build our dreams On suspicious minds…” What are you suspicious of? Things that don’t make sense. Yes, I know that is a broad category.
4. THE WONDER OF YOU “When no one else can understand me When everything I do is wrong You give me hope and consolation You give me strength to carry on”… What is the best feature of your present or last S/O? She makes me laugh.
5. ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT “Do the chairs in your parlor Seem empty and bare? Do you gaze at your doorstop and picture me there? Is your heart filled with pain? Shall I come back again? Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?” What is your favorite feel good movie when you are depressed? Stepmom with Diane Keaton and Julia Roberts. After viewing the fucker I am longer depressed. I go straight to suicidal.
7. CLAMBAKE “Hey listen world you’ve gotta know I’m cutting loose and letting go Who needs the worry and the strife Life can be a ball now just following my life Clambake…gonna have a clambake”… What is your favorite food cooked out of doors (on a fire/ grill/ pit)? Steak. I’m a guy. It’s what we eat.
8. IN THE GHETTO “As the snow flies on a cold and gray Chicago morn A poor little baby child is born in the ghetto And his mama cries cause if there’s one thing that she don’t need Is another hungry mouth to feed in the ghetto”… Where was the worst place you ever lived? I’m not sure but I know I was married.
9. LOVE ME TENDER “Love me tender Love me sweet Never let me go You have made my life complete And I love you so”… What is your favorite type of filling in a box of mixed chocolates? Cherries.
But don’t you step on my blue suede shoes Well you can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes”… Describe your favorite pair of shoes of all time. My black ones. Men only have two pairs. Or three if they have work shoes.
11. HOUND DOG “You ain’t nothion but a hound dog cryin all the time You ain’t nothing but a hound dog Cryin all the time You ain’t never caught a rabbit And you ain’t no friend of mine”… What is your favorite dog breed, or what kind of dog do you own? Whatever breed my virtual dog Happy is. He didn’t exactly come with papers.
12. ALL SHOOK UP “A wella bless my soul What’s wrong with me? I’m itchin like a cat on a fuzzy tree My friends say I’m actin wild as a bug I’m in love I’m all shook up Oh oh oh…mm, mmm, oh yeah yeah!” What shook you up recently? The day Thom stopped doing my memes. He left without even writing a goodbye note.
13. HARD HEADED WOMAN “A-Well a hard headed woman A soft hearted man Been the cause of trouble Ever since the world began oh Yeah!” What are you most stubborn about? I’m 258. And, as I’ve mentioned, I’m a guy. I am fucking stubborn on everything. Even subjects that don’t even exist. Thanks for reading this crap. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.