Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Where were you the last time that someone welcomed you back? I’ve gone to a few “Old DJ” reunions recently. We all welcomed each other back. This shot is from the WDRC 50th Anniversary of Rock held last weekend. I’m with my friend and mentor Dick Robinson. He was my favorite 60s’ DJ. I was lucky to get to know him so well while I was in radio. If the name sounds familiar he also owns the Connecticut School of Broadcasting.
2. Tell us who is you favorite non-family member to hang out with? Well, where would I be without Michelle and MaBelle? I can’t chose between them. That would be downright cruel. Oh. I’ve never mentioned them? They are twins who live in my building. They are French, I believe.
3. What was the last thing that happened to anger you? I was swimming in the Gulf and all of a sudden I said to my friend, “What is this shit? It smells like oil.” We were lucky to get out before the ladies with the sponges of Dawn needed to wash us down.
4. What was the last thing that you saw that was shocking to see? My lady and I saw a Beatles’ tribute band where the George guy looked over 100. They was fab, but we kept bursting out laughing when Gramps did his slick guitar moves.
6. Have you had your summer vacation yet? If yes tell us about it. I’m doing a photo tribute to it Monday. You gotta wait for those vacation shots. I know. You can’t fucking wait.
7. Pick out one of your cousins and tell us about them. My cousin Fred was the first person ever to perform a lobotomy on himself. Trust me, after getting into Guinness and the fortune and fame shit, things went progressively downhill from there.
8. Do you have any special plans for next week? Sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. You know, like any week at the WTIT Studio.
9. At what age will you consider yourself old and why? This question? Been there and done that. Bite me. Join us with Judd, tomorrow. Peace!
WTIT: The Blog will
return tomorrow with
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.