Welcome to Rock ‘n Roll Fridays on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a rock band, artist or era. She digs up thirteen quotes from the song lyrics and asks her questions based on the quotes. It is similar to her Wednesday meme. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Rock ‘n Roll Fridays: Green Day
1. 21 GUNS: “Do you know what’s worth fighting for? When it’s not worth dying for? Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?” What was the last cause/reason that you signed a petition or joined in a protest? I signed a petition to not allow Sarah Palin to leave Alaska. And even one not to let her leave her house. I mean with her watching Russia and all, I think it would be vital for her to stay at that fucking window.
2. AMERICAN IDIOT: “Don’t want to be an American idiot One nation controlled by the media. Information age of hysteria It’s going out to idiot America” Where is the best place for trusted information about world events? WTIT: The Blog. We don’t know much, but we are at least honest.
3. GOOD RIDDANCE: “Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go So make the best of this test and don’t ask why. It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time”… What was the last lesson or message about life you learned? You can never get enough blowjobs. Of course I learned that at 14. But nothing has ever rung more true since.
4. WELCOME TO PARADISE: “Dear Mother Can you hear me whining? It’s been 3 weeks since that I left your home. This sudden fear has left me trembling Cause now it seems that I am out here on my own And I’m feeling so alone”… Where was the place you went to live when you first moved out of your parents/guardians home? I went from my parents to live with my first wife. I cannot begin to tell you on how many levels that this was a horrible idea.
5. MINORITY: “I want to be the minority I don’t need your authority Down with the moral majority Cause I want to be the minority”… When have you ever felt like an outsider? Only since Thom stopped doing memes. It has been a cold cruel world since then.
6. WHEN I COME AROUND: “Oh I heard it all before So don’t knock down my door I’m a loser the user So I don’t need no accuser To try and slag me down because I know you’re right”… What was the last bad thing you discovered about yourself? That I am never satisfied. For years I had that fantasy about twins. Then I was lucky enough to meet two wonderful twins, Michelle and MaBelle. But now all I think about is triplets. It really is a vicious cycle.
7. MISERY: “Mr. Whirly had a catastrophic incident He fell into the city by the bay He liquidated his estate Now he sleeps upon the Haight Panhandling misery”… If you have ever been poor, what lesson, skill-set or experience came from it? I started sleeping with rich widows. It’s amazing that women who are satisfied are so free and easy with their credit cards. That’s how I got my Porsche. It’s a damn shame I have a good job these days.
8. 80: “Sometimes I wonder if I should be left alone And lock myself up in a padded room I’d sit and spew my guts out in the open air Cuz no one wants to hear a drunken fool”… How do you relax after a stressful day? Smirnoff. Shit, you really haven’t been paying attention.
9. REDUNDANT: “We’re livin in a repetition Content in the same old stick again Now the routine’s turnin to a contention Like a production line goin over and over and over roller coaster”… Do you do something over and over the same way, even though you know there is a better/simpler way to do it? Yes. I know it would be easier just to rip off a woman’s clothes. But they seem to want to be able to wear them again. Go figure.
10. ANDROID: “It makes me wonder when I grow to be that age Will I be walking down the street begging for your spare change Or will I grow that old? Will I still be around? What age do you believe is OLD and why? 343. At 258 I figure I got a few good years left.
12. POPROCKS AND COKE: “I don’t care is you don’t mind I’ll be there, not far behind I will dare, keep in mind, I’ll be there for you”… What is the biggest favor you ever did for family or for a friend? Entering the witness protection program. As you can well imagine, it was a long story.
13. BASKET CASE: “Yea, I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams, She says it’s lack of sex that’s bringin’ me down…” What would you like more of in your life? Lobster with real butter. I hate that fake popcorn theater oil that’s not butter crap. I mean I just shelled out major bucks for the fucking thing that was alive and trying to remove its elastic bands from its claws moment before. The least I should get is Land O’ Lakes for chrissakes. Thanks for reading this crap. We’re back with Crazy Sam.
Check that, we also might not.
We’re back with Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9.
Join us Saturday. Same time. Same blog.