Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “A good thing never ends.” Have you ever had a good thing in your life that never ended? All things end. When I got divorced from the mother of my four perfect children, I was told that I had to pay OVER 50% of my net income (meaning that I paid the taxes on the 52% I gave her) until my youngest was 18. She was 4. I felt that CHILD SUPPORT was the good thing (for her) that never ends. However, my youngest turned 18 seven years ago. Time flies, or I got old fast.
3. “I’d rather be dead than to be singing Satisfaction at 45.” He obviously changed his mind. What is something that you still do that you thought you’d outgrow? WTIT Tape Radio. We started at 15, our sophomore year of high school. We did our first “last tape show (on Tape 45)” before we left for college. We thought we’d be WAY too mature to still do WTIT. Then we continued throughout college. After 15 years we hadn’t done it in a couple of years so I felt it was over. We did our next “last tape show (Tape 138)” for our 15th anniversary. We have now been recording now and again for over forty years. Go figure. We have over 575 tapes. I still have every one. This picture is from our 10th anniversary.
4. “Lose your dreams and lose your mind.” Have you lost any of your dreams as time went by? Of course. But I’m still looking for that perfect threesome. Of course I do a lot of threesomes like any average hot dude, but I have not found that “perfect” one.
5. “I haven’t had time to return to the scene because I never left it.” As you’ve grown older, in what ways do you still act and think the way you did as when you were younger? I think I’d say my idealism. I still think wars suck. I believe in a country as rich as ours that every child should get a free education and that every citizen should have equal health care. I’ve changed in so many ways over the years, but I don’t think my ideals have budged a bit.
6. “Patriotism is something that fades when the war starts.” How do you react to this quote? I agree that this is true with many. What war did Dick Cheney fight in ? Oops, none. George W.? He didn’t even complete the fucking National Guard in the south. I think there is huge irony in that it is still old men sending youth to fight and die for their own warped few of reality.
7. “The past is a great place and I don’t want to erase it or regret it, but I don’t want to be its prisoner either.” Is there a person in your life who still treats you as the same person to when your were younger? Do you like it? Well, I guess my mother does at times. I will say, “Mom, I am WAY too old for you to talk to me as though I’m still your young son.” She responded, “However old you get you will ALWAYS be my young son.” That has stuck with me. I can’t say I like it, but I do understand it.
8. “It’s all right letting yourself go, as long as you pull yourself back.” Have you let yourself go in any aspect of your life? You will not BELIEVE this. But sometimes I’ve let myself go, sexually speaking.
9. “My mother has always been unhappy with what I do. She would rather I do something nicer, like being a brick layer.” How do you parents feel about what you do? My parents are very proud that both my brother and I sell alcohol. They also consider it “God’s work.”
10. “Anarchy is the only slight glimmer of hope.” How would you categorize your political point of view? I am very liberal. I do not apologize for it. I will not let conservative bullies try to get me to call me “progressive” or some other nonsense. I don’t expect conservatives to be shameful of their opinions. They are entitled to them. That said, Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat idiot. Al Franken was right. But it is not because he is conservative. It is because he is a big, fat idiot. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Hump Day. See you next time. Join us for Thunking.
We will return with something
We should be Thunking.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog. Peace.