To do your own, check out In 20 Years….
On Thursday WTIT: The Blog does a meme called Thursday Thunks that has been written by Berleen and Kimber. Now we’ve been added as part of the mix. What we’ve promised to Kimber and Berleen is that on our turn, we’d write my questions within the spirit of Thunks. All the meme questions are in bold.
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of the Atlantic Ocean and the number 3.
1. It became officially summer on Monday. What’s your favorite part of winter? I’d like to say “the end”. I hate winter. But there is some magic in it. A blizzard that seems that it cannot end. The look on your child’s face as Christmas approaches. The look of total despair on Mrs. Claus’ face when she finds Santa having sex with a “Santa’s helper.”
2. What was your worst summer vacation ever? I had the perfect plan. I had a friend on the MGM lot where Crossing Jordan was being filmed. She told me that she had told Jill Hennessy all about me and she couldn’t wait to meet me and spend a week together. I arrived filled with anticipation. Jill was all I expected her to be. She smiled so sweetly and said, “I’ve changed my mind because like I got married last week. You understand, right?” That vacation sucked.
3. Kimber’s husband just got the dream job that he’s hoped for. So a big shout out to her and Anthony! Tell us about the best job that you ever had. I’ve always said that my DJing days were the best. It’s really a toss-up between the morning show I hosted at WMAS-FM and my days as the DJ host of the Dialtone Disco Dome. Since I met my lady at the Dome, I’d guess it would win. Although, come to think of it, had I not worked at WMAS she might not have found me. It’s really a Catch 22 1/2.
5. An alien appears and offers you the opportunity to repeat one year of your life. You will still know everything that you know now. He explains that no matter what you do differently, when you are returned to the present nothing will have changed. What year would you pick and why? Pick any year I got married in. That would be interesting. Seeing what happened if I stepped out on those days would be rather amusing.
6. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why. Wallet, cell phone and keys. God, I even hate the fucking questions that I write. It’s a lot easier to play the clown when you’re not running the circus. (Margaret Houlihan)
8. If you could have everyone in the blogosphere read just one of your posts, which post would you pick and why? I think my comedy is at its best in our Dating Profiles feature. I’ve written several straight from the heart posts, but I’m not sure that they would explain my brand of crazy. So I’ll go with The Ugly, Fat Student Stewardess Ball. It’s a story of my youth and of WTIT folklore. I think if you actually take a moment to read it, you’d think, “Bud has been totally nuts his whole life. This blog is just the tip of the ice cube.”
9. I recently read that the music industry continues to decline at an alarming rate. In the last year it said the sales of Michael Jackson’s and The Beatles’ music are the only artists who sales continue to climb. The article stated that the two are holding up the industry. Have you bought a CD or mp3 of either artist recently? I haven’t bought any, but when The Beatles CDs were remastered in late 2009 I put them on my Amazon wish list. My kids have almost completed the collection. My son Ben and his wife Marie gave me Help! and Please, Please Me for Father’s Day.
10. What radio ad right now do you find so annoying that you’d rather have a tooth drilled than hear it again? Any ad for erectile dysfunction has got to go. I think men can’t get it up because they are terrified by the ads.
11. Berleen walks into a bar on a hot Minnesota day. At the bar sits a priest, a rabbi and a minister. A ten foot duck walks into the bar right after Berleen. What drink do you think Berleen orders? I could envision her stepping up to the bar and asking for her favorite beer and a shot of Cuervo. Hey, I could be right.
13. What would be the worst entertainment or sporting that you could be forced to watch? Opera, hands down. And I am begging you not to tell me that I need more education or listener appreciation or anything that would get me to give it another try. And while we are at it, pro wrestling is out, too. Oh and with that question the fat lady has sung, so we’re outta here. Enjoy your day. Thanks for stopping by. We’re back with that Dating Profiles thing.
contribution to The Blogosphere here.
We realize that is a lofty expectation.
WTIT: The Blog is back tomorrow.
Join us for The Dating Profiles Meme.
Same time. Same blog.
Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “With a parent, it’s always guilt. You want to be there, but you kind of also want to be here.” Tell us about a time where you had to be selfish with your time, and felt guilty about it (whether it was time taken from your children or a S/O). It was a very dark night. In the distance I saw a light. It grew bigger as it got closer. It was a starship from the Orion galaxy. The alien left the ship. He came up to me and said, “Dude, wanna fly to Risa? We’ll have you back by dinner.” I went on the flight but I missed my daughter’s soccer game. Of course she was five and doesn’t remember any of it, but boy did I feel guilty. Risa’s not bad, btw.
3. “One man is not enough.” Has there ever been a time when monogamy seemed difficult? I love this. Every married person will say how much they are satisfied with their partner and would never stray. If you asked the question and added that they could get an hour or two that no one would ever know about with say Josh Halloway or Carrie Underwood, I think that their answer might change.
5. “You just have to forgive them for being men.” Do you feel there are some things in a S/O that you can’t change because of their sex? I love a question that almost makes sense. Yes I know men and women are different. In fact, if it weren’t for hot and nasty sex we might not even talk to each other. So no, I don’t think I could change anything about how a woman thinks or behaves.
6. “When I look in the mirror I see the girl I was when I was growing up, with braces, crooked teeth, a baby face and a skinny body.” Do you see a younger less secure person when you gaze in the mirror? I could only wish.
7. “I was a pregnant vixen.” If you have ever been pregnant, or have been with a woman who was, how did effect your sex life? Oh, for chrissakes. I’m suppose to tell you what my sex life was like with the mother of my children that I divorced in 1991? I mean this with all due respect. Fuck off.
8. “Everything needs to be worked on…” What would you like to work on to become a better person? I am one of those perfect people. I know. It’s a gift.
9. “From an early age, I was aware of what America meant, and how the Marines at Camp Pendleton were ready to defend us at a moment’s notice. I also remember what fabulous bodies those troops had.” When did you think that you understood the sacrifices that people in the military make on behalf of their country? From a very young age I was aware. There were all those fucking WWII films so that we’d get it. I got it. War is hell. Support our troops. Bring them home.
10. “The bigger the better. Do I dare say that!?” In your experience, is there truth here? I swear, who asks this question in a fucking meme? How would I know if women really think bigger is better? In my experience they just tell you that you are perfect. I can live with that. Happy Hump Day. Join us on Thunking. I’m hosting it Thursday.
We should be Thunking.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog. Peace.
2. Where was your father born? In the Amazon Jungle. He was left there as a baby and raised by a female Jaguar.
3. What was the most influential piece of history that took place during your father’s childhood? My father lived through the depression. I asked him once what was the worst part. He answered that it was the depressing part.
4.Who were/are your father’s role models? After the Amazon rescue, he became a huge Cubs fan. He also played basketball. He was captain of the UConn Huskies Men’s Basketball team in 1946. When I was growing up his favorite Cub was Ernie Banks.
5.What is your earliest memory with your father? My dad took me to the YMCA where he played basketball everyday at noon until he was 60 years old. After the game I got to swim in the pool. The Village People creeped me out, however.
6.What is your favorite childhood memory with your father? My dad was SO good to me. At 12 he explained the importance of sex. He said it was like swimming. You are never to young to start. I asked him, “Is that why my babysitters have large breasts?” He said “Exactly”.
9. Is there anything you would like to tell your father that you could or did not? No. In all seriousness, I could not be prouder of my dad and being his son. I tell him that all the time. He is one of my best friends. I can tell him anything. His wisdom and lack of being judgmental inspire me.
10.What was your father’s biggest influence on you? His morality. My dad has a lot of great thoughts and philosophies. He once said, “If you do something, do it graciously.” I lent a good friend $5,000 in 2005. The venture failed that I invested in. He once asked me why I never brought it up. I told him of my Dad’s saying. I also stated that I was well aware of risk, and if I never saw the money again, I would never bring it up. As fate would have it, he won a huge disability settlement around Thanksgiving. He came to visit and wrote me out a check for the five grand. That was cool.
11.What good advice did your father give to you? Never get caught cheating with your neighbor’s wife. It’s not been easy to do.
12.What would you like to pass on to your children that your father passed on to you? Don’t judge a person by the color of their skin, their religion or beliefs. Enjoy the diversities in other’s cultures.
14. What three traits do good father’s have in common? My sense of humor, sense of honor and my attitude on diversity.
Sorry we were late for the party, again.
We always takes a day off on Tuesdays.
Unless we don’t.
We’re back with Wednesday Wickedness.
Same time. Same blog.
Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped off this meme from a blogger named Dana at the blog Amid Life’s Questions. Today is a special meme. Dana explains why! “Let’s see, this started out as Jay doing Savannah‘s “Questions” meme – a meme with a twist. This meme is constantly evolving – I answer the 10 questions that Jay posted and then post 10 questions of my own for anyone to answer on their blog or in comments. Jay asked some great questions – I couldn’t resist the pull to the “dark side.” So, in the same spirit, at Sunday Stealing we’ve added ten of our own questions! All meme questions are in bold.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Always. Fascinating question.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? As you can well imagine I am a regular fucking wallflower.
4. What was the last compliment that someone gave you? That the best post here on The Blog is on Tuesday. I pointed out that I don’t post Tuesdays. She said, “I know.”
6. Do you play the lottery? No. You can’t lose if you don’t play.
7. Do you like to ride horses? Who wrote this fucking meme? Who has horses?
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Once. It sucked.
9. What is your favorite party game? Strip poker.
11. When was the last time that you lied? Question nine. I prefer nude Twister.
13. If you have a S/O, who pursued who? If not, do you like to pursue or be pursued? And you need to know, why?
14. Use six words to describe yourself. Father, son, brother, friend, lover and saint.
16. Are you pleased with your education? Quite.
17. How do you feel about gun control? There are way too many guns around.
19. How often do you have a romantic weekend? Congratulations. You just earned stupidest question of the week. Your folks will be so proud.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future? It’s Father’s day so I’ll go with presents.
22. What are you told about your eyes? That they’re blue.
23. How tall is just right? This tall.
24. Where is your dream house located? Somewhere in REM-land.
25. Do you have a secret fetish? No. I’m not exactly a “keep it to myself” kind of guy.
27. Have you ever seen a male or female stripper? Do what?
28. When was the last time you were at TGI Fridays? Last night my son and his wife took me there for dinner.
29. When was the last time you were at Church? When somebody died or got married.
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? So far from the bedroom to the WTIT Studio.
32. What condiments do you like at your BBQ? Naked woman.
33. Bud is hosting Thursday Thunks this week. Will you play? I think so, but he usually sucks at it, no?
34. Do you look like your mom or dad? Bite me.
35. Who was the last person that you showered with (it’s okay to leave out the name)? My neighbor’s wife. That was another day he got home early. I am not sure but I don’t think he bought her “Big Picture” water conservation routine. On behalf of everyone connected with Stealing we apologize. Join us for Harriet’s meme tomorrow. Oh, and Happy Father’s Day to every father! A special shout out to my dad. Happy Dad’s Day, Bierne. I love you and I’m proud to be your son.
Enjoy your Sunday.
We’re back with Mayhem.
Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
2. How many foreign countries have you visited? Tell us about one. 4. The most interesting was St. Getalaid. The natives have this thing about guests sleeping with their wives. Yes, I thought that was Eskimos, too. But who’d sleep with Sara Palin? Not even her husband? That’s my best guess. You betcha.
3. What do you always take with you on vacation? My smile. And a bottle of Smirnoff, of course.
4. Tell us about something you’ve lost recently. Any connection with reality. Although MaBelle and Michelle, the French twins that are my neighbors, tell me to relax and forget about it. If two women could ever make you forget about it, it is those twins. And yes I do see the irony about me having no connection with reality.
5. How long will you wait in a check out line before abandoning your purchases? Quite a while. It’s part of what we call here on earth, not being a total fucktard. What is that some people are in such a hurry to do? Check their voice mails and get home to play Farmville? They must be a lot more important than the rest of us.
6. Do you prefer action packed vacations or relaxing ones? I generally go for a relaxing vacation. Although, come to think of it, I did spend a week at Hedonistic Island. That was action packed and relaxing.
7. Do you consider yourself kind? Kind of what? Where did the art of meme writing go? Oh, right. It died with my old friend Lola. In a totally shameless plug sort of way, I will be hosting and writing Thursday Thunks this week. I know. I don’t know what Berleen and Kimber are thinking either.
8. How old do you wish you were? 258, my actual age. Wishing to be anything but what you are is such a waste of thought. And as I’ve quoted Indiana Jones before, “It ain’t the age, it’s the mileage.” I am happy with the person who actually resides here in the WTIT studio. I met my lady at the club that I DJ’d at thirty-five years ago. But it was not until this past March that she became my lady. We have spoke about, what if? We both think that it happened just the way it was suppose to.
9. Tell us about your tattoos. Or if you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? There is a line from M*A*S*H where Charles is asked about tattoos. He exclaims that “I don’t understand why people would put art on their bodies that they wouldn’t hang on their wall.” Since almost everyone I know has tattoo, I’m on thin ice here. I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that.
WTIT: The Blog will return tomorrow with
Weeping Celtic Fandom.
Join us for Sunday Stealing!
Same time. Same blog.
Welcome to The Dating Profiles Meme. This meme is based on a feature from WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. This is a bit different than an “answer this question” meme. Either you have used sites such as Match.com or Yahoo Personals or you’ve read them. Weekly, we scour those on-line dating sites to respond either a person’s profile or often their headlines as most of us would really like to do. We use only “lines” that are gender-neutral. So, your mission is to respond to ten we choose each week. Seriously or with humor is your choice! The spelling or grammar errors were in the original profiles. Join us each and every Friday!
1. AM 29,POSTING MYSELF HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME OF DOING ONLINE DATING AND I WISH MYSELF BEST OF LUCK.
2. Friends would tell you that I’ve had a tough life. I would tell you that my life has made me tough.
3. i am an accountant and musician with a wicked sense of humor.
4. I’m what you would call “REAL”!
5. Welcome back everyone.I took a break from dating.for vie months.
6. My son tells me my problem is that I am too nice.
7. It would be nice to have someone to share the rest of my life with.
8. Do you feel small next to an ocean?
9. I do not want anyone to respond if they are not serious about getting to know me.
10. Here are a few adjectives that describe me: warm-hearted, intelligent, spunky, passionate, inquisitive, great eyes, self-respecting, loyal, sincere, strong intellect, emotional maturity, a deep appreciation for life’s gifts, silly, sensual, having a zest and curiosity for life, uninhibited, adventurous, well traveled, inquisitive, open mind, confident, well-rounded, reasonably outgoing, persistent, honest, and self-knowledgeable.
Thank you for playing this week on The Dating Profiles Meme. Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. Join us for Sunday Stealing. See you next Friday!