Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
1. “Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you? I don’t generally sweat the small shit. I haven’t always been this way. Smirnoff, and of course the French twins have helped.
2. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life? There really is not a good answer here. I believe family should come before a job. But your life is generally more effected by your income than who’s in your bed. Even I must admit to that harsh reality. Unless, it is a threesome. In that case, fuck the job.
3. “You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way.” In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique? Almost every. I think I have a rather odd way at looking at life and what goes on around me. It is definitely reflected in my humor. But what do I know? I didn’t even know the Gaga lady was white.
4. “I want women — and men — to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they’re always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish.” Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people? Yes. Every aspect of my personality. I’m nothing if not honest.
5. “Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body.” Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over? No. Sometimes you can spend a bit too much time just trying to figure out how to get the fuck out. Just slip out the back, Jack. Simon was right.
6. “Sometimes in life you don’t always feel like a winner, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a winner, you want to be like yourself.” Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life? Why the fuck would I care what my friends thought? You usually know for yourself whether you are a winner or a loser. I found it out the last time I spoke with Jill. “Get a life, loser” does not afford much wiggle room.
7. “A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am.” Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy? When I was first single after my first marriage, I was living paycheck to paycheck and living with my best friend, WTIT DJ Harvey Wallbanger. We sometimes searched the sofa for change to buy a can of tuna. But we were always laughing and had parties. I wouldn’t do it again, but those were great days. (Ah, and I could have a smoke…)
8. “I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine.” Do you think staying celibate between relationships important? You talking to me? Really?
9. “Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you’d be surprised, you are much stronger than you think.” Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were. Pick a divorce. Any divorce.
10. “I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out.” Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself? Without drugs? That’s crazy! Happy Hump Day. Join us on Thunking. It will be July.
We should be Thunking.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog. Peace.