On Thursday WTIT: The Blog does a meme called Thursday Thunks that has been written by Berleen and Kimber. Now we’ve been added as part of the mix. What we’ve promised to Kimber and Berleen is that on our turn, we’d write my questions within the spirit of Thunks. All the meme questions are in bold.
Thursday Thunks: Turn Off the TV and Turn On the Radio
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of black coffee, which I need more of and the number 8,299,598,330.
1. Are you a Facebooker? Are you addicted to those stupid games that suck a person in at the drop of a hat? Would you care to share your Facebook identification link so that we may all stalk you be your friend? I joined Facebook to better communicate with my 24 year old daughter. I really don’t pay much attention to it. But I’ve have been contacted by a bunch of old friends and lovers, which has been great. But the biggest event connected with that website was when a lady contacted me in March after we met 35 years ago. I was the DJ at her favorite nightclub. We decided to get together for a cocktail and to talk about the club and “the good old days” in March. We have not been apart since. She is my lady. Go figure. All of a sudden, I’m a huge fan of Facebook, for sure. The games? Not so much. And Ber, I am already your friend on Facebook. Don’t beg. Leave that to me for the fucking Dating Profiles Meme.
2. If you had to be magically transformed into an animal that you loathe, which one would it be? And don’t give me those “none” answers… How about a crocodile? At least I’d be on the top of the food chain.
3. What is the strangest thing you have said to:
* get a job? I had to answer, “If you were an animal, what would you be?” I said “Eagle. I’d fly away now.” He laughed. I got the job. It sucked.
* get a date? I got bored at a singles dance once and started talking to a random woman. She asked me what was the most important thing about a woman to a man. I was bored. So I said, “Spit out or swallow.” She gave me this weird look, thought for a second and started laughing uncontrollably. I didn’t say it to get the date, but a date I did get. Who knew women could handle honesty?
5. When dog food is new with improved tasting, who tests it? My virtual dog Happy. He has to earn his keep.
6. What does OK actually mean? Generally that she’ll take off her clothes.
7. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth? No one owns land. They only think they do.
8. When you were in high school and were sitting in math class… when the day came to learn about 3.14, did you get hungry? No. I sat next to Sylvia Rentalot. When the class got boring she flashed me her underwear. I wasn’t hungry, but I did think about eating.
9. Have you ever been on the radio? I was Gary Hunter, DJ extraordinaire. They called me The Hunter. I was on the air for nearly 12 years.
10. Beans, beans the magical fruit The more you eat, the more you toot The more you toot, the better you feel So let’s have beans at every meal! Why do people say that when beans are vegetables? Why isn’t pot legal? Your turn.
12. What about tv? And I don’t mean physically on top of the tv either, you silly people. Same goes for the radio question. I did TV commercials during my radio years. But more recently, I was in the marketing department for a Fortune 500 company and did a slew of interviews about energy conservation.
13. Do you think Adam & Eve had belly buttons? I believe in cartoon characters more than I do those two. And while we are at it, riddle me this Batman, why the fuck are they always depicted as white people? Hello! Humans originated in Africa. Do the damn math.
14. If you were going to own a liquor store or a bar, what would you name it? Heaven.
15. How about you own a grocery store – what’s it’s name? Eat Me.
16. If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life and no other, what would it be? And yes, it’s going to be in series form so you don’t actually have to watch the same episode over and over. Crossing Jordan. But M*A*S*H is by far my favorite show of all time. But since Jill Hennessy wasn’t in that show, I’d miss her too much.
17. What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher? Miss Clark. She was an asshole. I’ve waited a long time to tell her. I hope she’s a reader.
18. Do you know how to parallel park? Of course. There’s not a fucking rule you needed 19 questions, btw. (Of course when I wrote this I didn’t realize I had missed that 20th question. It is much harder being a wise ass when you fuck up so much.)
19. What kinds of cereal do you have in your home right at this very moment? Raison Bran. I’m taking my ball and going home now. Join us for Dating Profiles. Peace!
contribution to The Blogosphere here.
We realize that is a lofty expectation.
WTIT: The Blog is back tomorrow.
Join us for The Dating Profiles Meme.
Same time. Same blog.