1. “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.” Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed? I don’t think I’ve seen him being interviewed, but I don’t understand Bill Maher’s fascination is with Ben Affleck. No one is more liberal than I, so while I agree with Ben’s politics, I don’t think he comes off as a great spokesperson for the left. Oh wait. If there was any debate as to whether Tom Cruise was a moron, his couch jumping on Oprah removed all doubt.
2. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” Do you get upset and do you think you’re being lazy when you do nothing? There is nothing I like less than being around someone who feels that if you are not in constant motion then your are lazy. I had a girlfriend once who need us to be constantly doing something. She wore me out. And don’t think for a second that I am talking about sex. Had she just wanted to wear me out with sex, I would have had to think of another answer to this fucking question. Also, there’s nothing better then trying to break your all time record for sex in a day. What? You don’t post the record on your bedroom walk? Shit, that’s odd if you ask me.
3. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” Do you think that the U.S. and our wars seem to just ignore our history? Yes. But I have a theory as to why. When the public got sick of the Vietnam war, they did not want their sons drafted to go fight over there. Now we have an all volunteer army. This is translated as having only the people who need the service for either a college education or money. As long as congress and the rich aren’t effected, we will not stop this insanity. We need people to get involved. We need to show our outrage.
4. “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.” Do you feel you conform just to fit in? Anyone who says that they haven’t done this is a fucking liar. I only started doing threesomes because of pressure. The French twins are tough to disappoint. So, I’m really just trying to fit in and be a good neighbor. Why am I suddenly thinking about The Vapors?
5. “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what comes next? I think this was one of John’s most clever and accurate lyrics. But worried about what comes next? I only do that when what is coming next is a blowjob.
6. “The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is.” Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others’ opinions of you are more likely to seem stupid? There might be a stupider meme question this week, but I don’t think it’s likely. We all care what people think of us. I just don’t understand how well we know ourselves could have anything to do with it.
7. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” Do you feel that when you share beliefs with someone, there is more likelihood in accomplish a goal? It beats howling at the moon as a lone wolf. It also beats half a hand job, but perhaps that’s a story for another day.
8. “God is a concept by which we measure our pain.” How religious or spiritual are you? Or how cynical are you? (Pick your question.) There is so much of the universe and what we call the paranormal that we do not understand. So this question requires deep analytical thought. So upon further review, I think Jimmy Buffett said it best, “Why don’t we get drunk and screw?”
9. “Before Elvis there was nothing.” Do you think as rock ‘n roll history is concerned, that Elvis had that big an impact? Elvis did not invent rock. I personally think Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Little Richard and a host of others had more lasting impact. However, I think John is right in the sense that no one paid attention until Elvis. Elvis took rock to an entirely new level. I’d say this, if it weren’t for Elvis, Jodi would be mighty moody blue.
10. “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.” Do you feel after what has happened on Wall Street and our financial institutions, that his quote is more relevant today? Of course. I do not understand why so many people who live paycheck to paycheck listen to and support rich conservative white people like Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and (the worst) Ann Coulter. I think racism has a lot to do with the lack of intelligent discourse in today’s politics. That’s all folks. You can hit “next blog” now. Happy Hump Day. Join us on Thunking.
We should be Thunking.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.
Same time. Same blog. Peace.