Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness on WTIT: The Blog. This meme appealed to us because of a twist in its concept. Each week Janera Jepson (its host) picks a celebrity. She digs up ten quotes from the person and asks her questions based on the quotes. Who would think someone would do something original? We didn’t see that coming. Anyway, she is a friend of Crazy Sam, so we are on board. Let’s do it. The quotes and meme questions are in bold.
Wednesday Wickedness: George Clooney
1. “I grew up in the world of bad television, on my dad’s sets and then as a young schmuck on dating shows and so on.” What is your all time worst TV show and why? All time is a long time. I’ll go with one that probably no one remembers. Jackie Gleason hosted a game show where celebrities stuck their heads through holes where they were drawn as an animal, although they could not see what animal that they were. They had to guess what kind of animal. It lasted one show. The next week, because this was so early in television they had nothing else to air, Jackie sat out smoking a cigarette and told how the whole thing happened and how embarrassed he was. The show mutated into another Honeymooners and became great. But that first and last game show was awful.
2. “I’m certainly the last person to give advice on, well, anything.” Where do you get advice? I’d say the two people I trust the most are my dad and fellow WTIT DJ Harvey Wallbanger. They can give advice without being judgmental. If it’s tips on sex you need though, I’d stick with the French twins. They asked me recently if I knew what they call a lesbian with fat fingers. I said that I had no idea. “Well hung.” was the answer.
3. “Run for office? No. I’ve slept with too many women, I’ve done too many drugs, and I’ve been to too many parties.” What celebrity do you think could make a run for office? I think that we elected a movie star president was rather quaint. However, I think it’s a bad call. The Terminator? Jesse Ventura? Al Franken? I’m not sure I want that. But I’d take Jenna Jameson over Sarah Palin.
4. “The only failure is not to try.” Tell us about a recent failure. You’re asking me what I’ve failed in? How about marriage? I think I was an outstanding husband. I mean in it a “I picked out great women for a threesome kinda way”. Okay, I can’t even believe that I wrote that shit. No wonder I’m in a new meme on a Wednesday.
5. “After doing One Fine Day and playing a pediatrician on ER, I’ll never have kids. I’m going to have a vasectomy.” If you have kids, tell us about them. If not, would you want them? I am a father of four. Tell you about my kids? Shit, I could brag for days. I am proud of the adults that they’ve become. My son, the rock star, called me last night. We spoke of his band, a recent concert that his band did on the net, and his new girlfriend. I always love it when they check in.
6. “You have only a short period of time in your life to make your mark, and I’m there now.” Have you made your mark yet? Yes, I’d say so. I mean I am having a great relationship with the ladies upstairs. Jill Hennessy is leaving her husband for me. I don’t mean this minute. She said she has to find “the right moment”. It’s been five fucking years. I think the moment is any day now. I’ve got this blog that I’m pretty proud of. I mean who thought you could write so much dribble and get so many readers? Oh, and I was a famous DJ. I mean on the radio and nightclubs. So yes, I’ve left a mark. It might be a tad fictional and silly, but it’s a mark.
7. “I don’t believe in happy endings, but I do believe in happy travels, because ultimately, you die at a very young age, or you live long enough to watch your friends die. It’s a mean thing, life.” Do you believe in happy endings? It what sense? George is right. No one gets out of here alive. I believe in happy journeys.
8. “I was in a bar and I said to a friend, ‘You know, we’ve become those 40-year-old guys we used to look at and say, ‘Isn’t it sad?'” Have you ever felt that way? I don’t think I’ve ever considered my existence as “sad”. I have been with WTIT Tape Radio since 1967. We do comedy shows. I remember one where a cop asks a witness, “How old was the crook?” And the response was, “Very old. Over 30, I think.” That bit sends a chill down my spine.
9. “I’d think, ‘In a relationship, we should never have this kind of fight.’ Then, instead of figuring out how to make it work, I looked for a way to get out of it. The truth is, you shouldn’t be married if you’re that kind of person.” Have you ever left a relationship that you later regretted? Yes and no. You are thinking, “What the fuck does that mean?” It means “yes” when I’ve regretted it, “no” when I haven’t. The honest response is that the only relationship that I give a damn about is my current one. You cannot go back. Or forward. If you are not where you are at the moment, then you are fucking nowhere. Then you’ll be making all your nowhere plans for nobody.
10. “I’m the flavor of the month.” What celebrity is your flavor of the month? I’m am not a fickle flavor of the month type of person. But I do think Taylor Schilling from the medical show Mercy is hot. So forgive me Jill, for I have drifted. But, truth be told. I am the ultimate loyal person. Until someone breaks my trust. I am very good at retreat. Anyway, more importantly, what do you think? How fast will I get thrown out this fucking meme? We’re having a pool. Thom will collect the money. The closest to guessing the exact day that whoever the fuck Janera Jepson is, will toss me (without going over) will win the jackpot. Harriet will be the judge. All decisions of the judge is final. For complete contest rules consult a priest. Void where prohibited by law. Member FDIC.
That’s that for the first attempt at this feature.
We will return with something
We should be Thunking.
If Kimber knows the day of the week.
WTIT: The Blog will be back.
Whether you are ready or not.