Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped off this meme from a blogger named Cypsieman2 at the blog also named Cypsieman2. He states that he got the meme from Elle White. We can’t provide a link because he did not. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft’s thieves might take some time. All meme questions are in bold.
Cheers to all us thieves!
Rules: We all are fans. Be it Star Trek or Twilight, you are a fan of something. Pick a subject, book, TV or movie series. Now tell us all about it!
We chose Stargate: SG1.
1. The first character I fell in love with: Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter. She showed how a woman in the military could be strong and dedicated, and yet also have a feminine and vulnerable side. Recently I discovered that women whose history includes a stint in the military very hot.
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Claudia Black’s portrayal of Vala Mal Doran. When The SG-1 show was going through the last gasps, Amanda Tapping went on maternity leave. Ben Browder was brought in to replace Richard Dean Anderson, which was of course a ridiculous idea since it was Anderson’s show. Black was added until Tapping returned. In the end, they kept both characters. Bother Browder and Black has starred in the sci-fi series Farscape. The producer were attempting to tap into that show’s fans since it had recently ended its run. I thought Black did an outstanding job creating the Vala character.
3. The character I would shag anytime: Samantha Carter. I had a serious thing for her. Not nearly as much as Jill Hennessy (who could live up to her in my eyes?) but I still thought Amanda was the real deal.
4. The character I’d slap: David Hewlett was first introduced as Dr. Rodney McKay. It was a the start of the spin-off that became Stargate Atlantis. But he was SO obnoxious he was was easy to hate. The character was well written and Hewlett was brilliant.
5. Who are my 3 favorite characters. Jack O’Neill, Samantha Carter and Daniel Jackson. Since they were the series until; its final season this was not a tough choice. It like saying Kirk, McCoy and Spock were the best in Trek. Duh. Hey, I just answer the fuckers. I don’t write them.
6. What are my 3 favorite pairings. There really weren’t pairings in the show. The sexual tension was between the Carter and O’Neill characters. They handled it well without ruining the show by coupling them up.
7. Which character I’m most like. Jack O’Neill. A strong leader with a wicked sense of humor. He knew rules had to be broken. But, I would have definitely done Carter. I mean in the first episode, if not sooner. . I mean, how long need a man wait? I’m not a fan of the fucking six date rule.
8. The coolest thing about the canon: If you had seen the feature film Stargate that starred James Spader and Kurt Russell the characters were barely developed. The fact that the TV cast really developed the characters and expanded the universe was a great accomplishment. I loved that they had a transporter and tipped their hate to Trek so much.
9. The lamest crappiest thing about the canon: I think they should have had a variety of enemies instead of one at a time. While I enjoyed the new cast in the final season, I would admit that the show jumped the shark without the Carter and O’Neill characters.
11. What story I wish I could read (or art I wish I could see): When I submitted my own script for a series episode, I was shocked that the producers felt Samantha giving Jack a blowjob was in bad taste. I didn’t see that coming.
12. What story I wish I had written/still want to write: I wish I wrote the alternative universe episodes. Although I am guessing they probably would reject my best ideas there as well.
Enjoy your Sunday.
We’re back with Mayhem.