Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Is there a blog as far as its appearance goes that you think is the most fabulous? I think that Thom wins that contest. It’s not really fair, since he’s in Hawaii. It lends itself to such a great theme. What could I show off about Connecticut? Snow?
2. Have you ever thought what would happen to your blog in case you died? Do you mean do I have it in my will? I think it is safe to say that the blog would go down with me. Hopefully though first, the twins would go down on me as a parting gift.
4. Has any particular blogger had a great impact on how you set up and write your blog? Are you shitting me? Does this blog even slightly inspire? There are not a lot of Tape Radio blogs to give us much guidance. We’ve just had to take it on the fly.
5. Would you want a fellow blogger to give you suggestions or criticism of what you write? No. We are perfect as is. Well perhaps “perfect” is the wrong word. We aim to not suck. A rather lofty goal, I think. A suggestion box is not in the cards here. We tried it. All we ever got was “Why don’t the twins look French?” and “Can you show the twins naked?” Although that naked female reader contest got some interesting submissions.
6. Is the number of visitors each day to your blog important to you? I don’t often check that out. So I guess I really don’t give a rat’s ass. I’m shocked anybody would read this blog. It’s not as though it has any real redeeming social value.
7. What percentage of your readers do you think actual comment? It’s small. Just like a talk radio station and callers. Most people listen but never call in. I can see daily readers in my stats that have never uttered a word. Maybe they also like to watch train wrecks.
8. Do you have a favorite blogger who does the memes that you participate in? I’m just partial to the ones who take the time to comment on everyone’s blog. I don’t really understand the folks who do the meme and don’t read the other player’s responses. I think those folks totally miss the point. This is supposed to be a social experience. Too many take themselves far too seriously. Dude, it’s only a fucking blog. You are not saving lives here.
9. How often do you update your blog/site and why? Ok, I have refrained from complaining, but Sam you have lost it. I mean if you ever had it. You’ve got a blog that does a meme and the meme is about the blog and it all is really about nothing. Kind of the Seinfeld, but not the least bit funny. Why do we fucking update the blog? Really? You gotta do better than that. Consider this a suggestion. Where is your box?
Enjoy your weekend.
Same time. Same blog.