Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. What celebrity would you just want to shake some sense into? My first reaction here would be to say Sarah Palin. But really, who the fuck could shake her long enough for there to be much of an improvement? So I will go with Jill Hennessy. Maybe I could shake her long enough for her to leave her husband. Yes, I know it is fucktardian thinking, but a guy’s gotta dream big.
2. What do you think comes after death? I picture heaven as one massive orgy. What do you mean “You’re not surprised”?
4. What was the first rock concert that you attended? Chubby Checker. He twisted again like he did last summer. And again and again. Since he only had two hits it was unbelievably dull. But I was only 10.
5. If you were to suddenly become famous, would you choose a stage name? If yes, what would it be? Here’s this week’s question that makes no sense what-so-ever. If I became famous, people would know my name already. Can you imagine Susan Boyle asking us to now call her Lady Ta-Ta? When I was a “famous” DJ I was known as Gary Hunter. But I picked the name before anybody knew me, not after.
6. If you could be part of any band, which one would it be and who would you be and why? Who would I be? Holy shit Sam. I think I’d still be me. Did Kimber send you her pot? I’ll go with the Rolling Stones. With that bunch I’d look only 20 years old.
8. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they? Most of my family live locally. However my son James calls San Diego home. My daughter Heather and her family dwell in Jersey. What do you mean “Which exit?” Ba-da-boom.
9. Last seasonal question (promise): What did you do on New Year’s Eve? I might have mentioned that there is a new lady in my life. She and I went to La Renaissance where we celebrated with about one hundred people. We dined on prime rib and danced to the Floyd Patterson Band. It was both romantic and magical. Yesterday she sent me a picture of us that someone took. I can’t find the right cord to upload it. But trust me, we look very happy…
Enjoy your weekend.
Same time. Same blog.