Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have chosen, and why? If you haven’t noticed I did name myself. Did you think my parents thought naming me after a freaking beer “Bud Weiser” was a good idea? Besides, you might not know this, but my folks are Chinese. My given name is Won Hung Well.
2. If you could relive a year in your life, what age would it be, and why? I would be 3 years-old. I was young and naïve and I don’t remember a day of it. Or, come to think of it, I could relive my freshman year in college. I was young and naïve and I don’t remember a day of that year either.
3. If you could go back and change one friendship in your past, who would it have been, and why? I had a friend named Jeremiah who at age 14 thought robbing banks would be a great idea for us. When I asked my folks about it, I could no longer see Jeremiah. Today he is a multi-millionaire. He never got caught for robbing any of the banks and invested the money wisely. I wish I stayed his friend.
4. If you could have dated one person in your past that you did not date, who would it be, and why? It would be Sylvia Rentalot. We had sex every day for a year when I was about 17. But we never actual had a date. When I think back, I fantasize what it would have been like to take her to a movie or dinner.
5. If you could say one thing/idea/sentiment to someone in your past, what would it be, and why? I would have said “Thank you” to Sylvia Rentalot.
6. If you had the opportunity to live in another country, which one would it be, and why? If you choose NOT to live in another country, why do you want to stay in your current country? I think I’d stay here. If I had to leave, I hear North Korea or Iran are great in the springtime.
7. If you could choose your dream job, what would it be, and why? I think getting actually paid to write this fucking blog would be nice. Not that it sucks this way. But to be totally honest, and don’t repeat this to ANYONE, but I really like money.
8. If you could wish a wish and it be guaranteed to come true (other than riches) what would it be, and why? C’mon. Every fucking meme asks this same stupid question. Every time I reply that it would involves two beautiful women and a hot tub. Now for the “why” part. I am a guy.
9. If you could meet two blogger friends (you may choose more, if you wish) who would they be? I couldn’t choose. I have some terrific friends over the years here. However, I’ll pick Sue and Jodi. They met Thursday just a half hour from where I live. I tried to page them at the restaurant where they met to see if they were still there. The restaurant pinhead told me that they don’t page. Live can be cruel.
Enjoy your weekend.
Same time. Same blog.