On Thursday The WTIT Blog does a meme called Thursday Thunks written by Berleen and Kimber. We had tried to refrain from adding a third meme as a feature. This meme is similar to both Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing. Although, it is a bit crazier. We were both honored and terrified when we were asked to join in. And we have really enjoyed it. It now is one of our most popular features and one of our personal favorites! All the meme questions are in bold.
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the 1,172,007 and the color of walls in an asylum.
1. Does soap or shampoo have to really lather up for you to feel that it cleaned throughly? It depends on what the fuck “throughly” means. I’ve checked everywhere. Even the twins haven’t a clue. So, I’m not getting myself all in a lather because Thunks doesn’t spell check.
2. Do you have a long standing joke with someone that you still laugh about every time you talk to that person? Our family’s collie’s name was Blaze. He was no Lassie. He could not rescue a doll if my sister threw one down the stairs. I am not trying to insult the dog, but the facts are the facts. Blaze was not a bright dog. And trust me, it won’t matter to Blaze. Partly because Blaze has been dead, say, thirty years or so, but mostly because Blaze could not read anyway. When my fellow WTIT DJs came over to record they’d always comment on the way downstairs to the WTIT Studio in the rec room how they got mauled. I’d always say, “You didn’t pet him did you?” A redundant question since Blaze wouldn’t stay around for a petting anyway, but they’d answer “No.” I’d respond, “Good. We only pet him on his birthday. It’s not today, so you did not confused him.” Because of this, I always remembered that Blaze was born on February 7th. Years later, long after Blaze had passed, I started calling my family members to wish them a “Happy Blaze’s Birthday”. Somehow the dynamic wound up changing. It became a contest to see whom called whom first to honor “the holiday”. My brother Mark usually wins now. I can live with that. But when this damn holiday falls on a work day, his midnight call can be slightly jolting.
3. Share something that happened to you this past week that was unusual. I told you the fucking story about my collie. Since I tell the story every year on his birthday some of you who are not stoned might remember the gem. Since I only tell the story once a year, sharing it today was unusual as hell. Not as weird as my date’s hair on Saturday night, but close. Then again…
4. If you dropped a purple crayon and a green crayon off a roof, which would melt faster in the sun? Let’s think this one through (or “throughly” if it ever becomes a word). Green is a color, the perception of which is evoked by light having a spectrum dominated by energy with a wavelength of roughly 520–570 nanometres. Purple, on the other foot, is a general term used in English for the range of shades of color occurring between red and blue. In additive light combinations it occurs by mixing the primary colors red and blue in varying proportions. Our conclusion: Since Oprah Winfrey was in The Color Purple and not The Color Green, green is the weaker color and will melt faster. Bet you’re glad you have me around.
5. You are standing in line (grocery store, bank, etc.), and someone gets in line behind you that stinks. The stink is so bad that people in line in front of you turn around and look to see if you are the one causing the stink. Do you cover your nose, hold your breath, breathe through your mouth or just get out of line altogether? I don’t stand in lines. I have “people” for that.
6. If you dropped your cell phone in the toilet, would you fish it out? If so, how much soap would you use to wash your hands afterwards? I’d fish the fucker out. I’d use enough soap to wash my hands “throughly”. (I’m sure Kimber hates me by now. But once I get something in my head…)
7. Sydney Australia dust storm. How long do you think it would take you to clean your house after that sort of dust storm? You’d have to ask my hot housekeeper. However, Since I don’t think it would effect the inside, she’d probably not have a clue. And since I don’t own the outside, you might ask my landlord. And why does every meme assume we all own a fucking house?
9. You are out to eat and someone across the room is staring at you. Do you get paranoid, try to ignore them, or go find out why they are staring at you? This really depends. Is it male or female. If female, is she attractive? Have your people call my people and I’ll get back to you. My people are not in line today so they will answer their extensions.
10. Come up with a crazy, wacky Thursday Thunk question. What type of meme question is the hardest?
WTIT: The Blog