Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
The host of the famous Bravo series, actor, professor and host James Lipton asks actors these 9 questions (among many others). Today we will ask you those questions!
1. What is your favorite word? Gongerling. I made the word up during some random WTIT comedy recording session durring the 80’s and have used it as a verb, an adjective, a color and most recently the name of my high school. Go Gongerling! Go Goats!
2. What is your least favorite word? Boyfriend. They love cheating on their husbands, but it requires therapy to convince a woman to cheat on her boyfriend. So far, Jose Cuervo’s Golden Margaritas (a ready to serve premixed drink with alcohol, has worked fucking magic. Cuervo Golden Margs have Grand Marnier in it as well.) I few drinks, a bit of charm and then boom! But it’s easier when they only have husbands.
3. What turns you on, creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? A beautiful naked woman, over 30, smart and in a short skirt when dressed, and a sense of desire in her eyes would turn me on. And a woman laughing at my “Get it Here” belt buckle get points. Of course, that is not an sign of intelligence. Nor would it be something I actually do.
4. What turns you off? Smokers. Sorry. I smoked from 12 to 22. Quit. I quit for fifteen. I smoked again for eleven years. I will have quit for five years in September. A ex-girlfriend smokes. I see her about once a week (the friends thing). I am doing my best to cope with it.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Any variation of the word “fuck” does it for me. I love calling people “fuckers” in a post. And the big truth is that I don’t swear much in real life. But I did invent the word “fucktardian”. It was an instant classic!
6. What sound or noise do you love? The Big “O”.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Police sirens. Either something bad is about to happen to me or someone near. No good thing is happening during sirens.
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I would have excelled at stand-up. If you even remotely read my blog, you know I can make folks laugh. I did a short stint as a DJ/warmer up at a comedy club. I should have taken that next step. But I did DJ professionally for 25 years. I had a blast. That was me at my best.
9. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “John Lennon is throwing you a party. Try to behave. Oh, and John said to assure you there’d be plenty of babes.”