Can you say…
UCONN FINAL FOUR 2009
Welcome again to Stealing which we bring you weekly on The WTIT Blog. We have gotten really good at just stealing a meme from someone else’s post. (You can play this meme with Judd and click on the official Sunday Stealing meme.) Today we ripped this meme off from a blogger Sama at Lazy Artist Girl. She doesn’t say from where she stole it. But that’s as far as we go. Usually, what we steal is stolen as well. All meme questions are in bold.
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Ginormous Meme
1. Are you single? Yes. In restaurants they call me a “party of one”. Trust me, “one” ain’t much of a party.
2. Are your parents still married? No. They lasted 35 years, which isn’t all that bad. My dad tried it a second time at age 60. He had two more children. He divorced within four years. For that he paid a hefty price.
3. Are you in love? It should happen. It could happen. The day is young…
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? After enough glasses of Smirnoff, yes.
5. Who ended your last relationship? I did. Not that it was her fault because it wasn’t. I am a bit complicated. So I need things that are simple. Some relationships are not simple.
6. Have you ever been hurt by a break up? Only if I’ve already bought her dinner. Break up? Not really. But if I feel that afterwards that she grabbed a fancy meal off me on her way out, I am hurt. Or perhaps “fucking pissed off!” She can say she’s leaving me for a St. Bernard. Just don’t order a $69 bottle of merlot for a toast. “Here’s to spring!” was a great toast, but “here’s to ripping Bud off on my way out” would have been more accurate.
7. Have you ever broken someone’s heart? How do you know? Unless you stay in touch with your ex-lovers, how could you know? Which, very ironically, I do tend to stay in touch. But no woman has ever said that I broke her heart.
8. Have you ever had a secret admirer? If it were truly secret, than how the fuck would I know?
9. Prefer love or lust? Both would be best. Lust can be pretty good. But watch how many married women will say that they “can’t have one without the other.” Geez. Maybe hubby buys that horseshit, but you haven’t got a prayer with me. I’d love it if a married woman answered this one honestly. But they won’t. But it is really not their fault. We men preach crap. “Lie to me” should be tattooed on our foreheads. We fall for it because we demand to be told the lies.
10. Prefer a few best friends or many regular friends? As in say, naked females? In that case “many regular friends” sounds about right.
11. Wild night out or romantic night in? Both, of course. Take your lady and dine well, party and dance and perhaps light a fire and sip Navan on the bear rug.
12. Back in the day: Been caught sneaking out? No. No one ever paid all that much attention to my global position. As long as I showed up by noon, I had it covered.
13. Ever wanted something/someone so badly it hurt? I will not complain about Thursday Thunks questions ever again. Perhaps a twelve year old asked about this shit? Oh and Junior, put us down as a “NO”. In caps.
14. Who are/is your best friend(s)? Male- WTIT DJs Harvey Wallbanger and Johnnie Walker. Female- The Queen of Bloggingham Palace and Cathy of the Millenium.
15. Ever wanted to disappear? During my weddings might have been a great idea.
16. First attraction: Smile or eyes? Are you fucking serious? “Breasts” aren’t even a choice? Of course, “eyes” are my favorite, but still. Guys who check out smile or eyes first? How many are there? Close your eyes. What do you see? Exactly.
17. Prefer intelligence or attraction? The first night? Attraction. The second night? Attraction. I’m sorry. I drifted away. What was the question?
18. Last phone call you received? My friend Cathy called to see if I wanted company during the UConn/Missouri men’s basketball game. The winner goes to the final four. She came and brought dinner. UConn won! Next stop: Detroit and the Final Four!
19. Last thing you drank? Smirnoff. But I am writing this on Saturday night. If it were morning I’d say Diet Coke®. It might be a fucking lie, but it sounds good.
20. Before your current one, when was your last relationship? Gee. I don’t have a current one. So thanks for making me feel desperate and worthless. And now I get to give you the “born & died” dates for my last squeeze? Christ, I’d be lucky if I could recall her name.
21. Do you and your family get along? With each other? Yes, that would be a big “Yes”. We are tight.
22. Would you say you have a “screwed up life”? You’d have to ask Michelle and MaBelle, my neighbors, the infamous French twins that live upstairs. They participate and observe a big bunch of it. They might have developed some insight.
23. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell. Not really. I moved out during the end of the marriage. Oh, but wait. I had a date ask me to leave during our first date once because I wouldn’t commit to “forever” after sleeping together the night before. I left. She sent me flowers. No the flowers didn’t help. Except with the ladies that I worked with. The flowers got their attention.
24. Do you trust all your friends? You’re setting up a new ponzi scheme, aren’t you?
25. Who knows the most about you? Either my neighbor’s wife or the French twins know the most. I think. Wow. Can I interrogate them first?
We will return to write another
post as soon as the mood strikes.
It might be funny.
That’s it for today on the
The WTIT Blog.
(or Monday, if you’re late to the party)!
We will return. Join us.
Same time. Same blog.