Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. Were you raised around a lot of sports? Not really. My neighbors were an odd sort. My immediate next-door neighbor couldn’t wait till something went into her yard. She would immediately run out and grab it and give it to her kids. So, none were good sports at all. Mostly they were thieves and assholes.
2. What is your favorite sport? I’ve mentioned before that I am partial to the Major League of Professional Female Mud Wrestling. I root for the local team, the Connecticut Crabs.
3. When did you last play a sport? I entered the National Triathlon of Sex last winter. I wasn’t really prepared. I mean trust me, the twins gave it their all to try to get me in shape. But who the fuck would have figured it would be held outdoors in February in Minnesota? My lack of a uniform was a hindrance. When your balls turn blue you are forced to exit. And not a minute too soon, I might add.
4. When did you last attend a professional sporting event and what was it? Lori Hahn has been pushing a website The Lesbian Lifestyle: The Adult Toy Review. Last year, after the reviews I attending the competition where the lesbians compete using the toys. Now that was two hours well spent!
5. What was the last sport you watch on TV? There is a new reality show called, American Idol: The Breasts Edition on the Playboy Channel. It set up just like American Idol. Same judges and everything. Randy usually says, “Hey dawg, those aren’t working for me. Sorry, dude.” Paula won’t say a bad word about any contestant. Usually if someone has no chest what-so-ever, she will say, “Nice and perky, not over done.” Where as Simon would say, “Those are not breasts at all. Why are you wasting my time? Randy has a better pair.”
6. If you have children, do they play the same sports that you did? If not, someday if you have kids, would you like them to? I am going out on a limb here, but I’d say that this would be completely inappropriate. What an odd question, Sam. Or rather two questions. What have we here, Saturday: 10?
7. Do you think other people care too much about sports? I think people care too much about events that are not really sports. Nascar? Give me a fucking break.
8. Do you have the freedom to be as involved in either playing or watching as much sports, as you’d like to? Yes, but with any freedom comes a price. I met this wonderful lady on Match.com. She said that American Idol: The Breasts Edition was sexist and objectified female bodies. Of course she was one hundred percent correct. But when I responded, “Duh, dummy. That really is the fucking point,” she left me for good. Some people, you know?
9. Who is your favorite sports team?The New England Spikes of the Totally Naked Women’s Summer Volleyball League. Great athletes and overall good sports. It is very fan friendly. I’ve had my picture take with a few of their major stars!
To anyone who was offended by today’s post,
we are sorry. But what were you expecting? Sam, great meme this week.
The WTIT Blog will return tomorrow with Judd and his Flea Circus.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my